Stepcraft Screenset with UI in mind

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Re: Stepcraft Screenset with UI in mind

Postby 2046 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:02 pm

For those who would like to test the new "UCCNC v1.2116" be super careful! As if you might be able to operate the machine but end up bad.
See my post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4623&p=31553
Until there will be some v1.2116 UCCNC screenset that is fully functional with the Stepcraft (my machine) that will serve me as reference I'm will not update the screenset and I highly encourage you to stay with the functional UCCNC v1.2115

until then...

Postby 2046 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:48 pm

New version compatible with new UCCNC v1.2116 is on the way.

The jog is still a mess.. and the Probe area unusable.. therefore it'll take me still some time to design it... if ..
It will redesigning much more fruitful if I have the 3D probe at hand. If anybody is interested in having the probe areas user friendly as well as the Run and Toolpath screens, donate the touch probe .) so that I can test the Probe&UI in real scenarios.
Else the screenset will have the probe area bit trashy ;) .. for those who need TLS only or elementary Probing it will be fine.

The screen has few new features such as better error handling, new text colors for better code navigation. Bit of retouch here and there.. mainly the Toolpah view has feed & speed settings and spindle too! (I was missing that a lot there) which are now even more finger friendly. It went through small facelift that makes brings even more visual space and bit more Ui contrast. The "go to zero" moved bit on a side as it was dangerous to have it close to TLS and many other small fine tuning.

This is how it looks so far.
Attachments
toolpath.png
Toolpath screen
run.png
Run screen

Postby cncdrive » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:27 am

That looks really nice, thanks for sharing.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby 2046 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:33 pm

cncdrive wrote:That looks really nice, thanks for sharing.

Thanks .)

I guess the first version of the new update might come out within weeks, once I test it a bit myself on the machine.
The "Probe" tab is sketched conceptually, but I don't think that would go out anytime soon. The main point is to keep the established UI positions so that we do not think to look for them on new places.
The probe [page 1, page 2] are merged into one screen, setup kept alone. I know the probe types are not as explicit in its probing sequence, but that might be part of the probe info, theoretically. At least the images are not substituting buttons as that is quite misleading, image should stay as additional passive info and not active element as one might consider other images to be falsely active too.
And sure many more.. it's just a concept and it is still hell messy.
Attachments
uccnc_probe_tab.jpg
Probe tab

Postby MattyZee » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:41 am

Great work! This is the best screenset I've seen (I actually prefer your v0.04, or whatever version you have the screenshots of on your github repo). I'm moving from LinuxCNC to UCCNC and definitely prefer your screen over the default, no contest. I've watched your video and it looks like you're using Affinity Designer for your mockups and workflow. Is that correct? Would you be willing to share the AD design files? Or include them in your Github repo?
MattyZee

Postby 2046 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:10 pm

New screenset release available: 2046 v0.05

https://github.com/twentyfortysix/uccnc ... /tree/main

previous release
https://github.com/twentyfortysix/uccnc ... s/tag/0.04

First and foremost.. this Screenset release is not compatible with UCCNC v1.2115 and bellow, meaning it is adjusted for the UCCNC v1.2116 specifically. If you rely on the Tools > probe screen a lot.. you most likely do not want this new version just yet.

Whats new:
- NEW - 3D window, auto view center
- NEW - toolpath view : feeds & speed adjustment
- NEW - toolpath view: spindle, cooling buttons
- better error window field, much more readable and on new more fitting position
- MDI moved
- Feeds & Speed +- buttons has more space for your fingers
- the actual Feeds & Speed no longer appear as editable input as it is not
- "Close file" replaced by "Reload file" on both "run" and "toolpath" tab (I mean who is closing files? I see no reason.)
- go to zero, moved on new place as it was dangerous close to TLS
- Machine&user coordinates moved
- file name visible on top
- jog dial is on the top left instead of on the whole left side (would be better to have it somewhere completely else, but it is actually not possible... well I do not use it at all anyway :D )
- tab Configuration > appearance tab redone in to not awesome but concise view all buttons and text fully editable in the program, no text as image background madness!
- the whole graphic has been updated with little more contrast and visual space

note:
the Gcode has colors now which is part of the v1.2116 changes. The Gcode is much more readable now, good UI update UCCNC.
If you want mine color coding and 3D view colors read the readme on github..

I recommend not to use my profile (*.pro) and use the Screenset only.

Why is the Probe screen so messy?
Because nobody gave me enough reason to work on it. Moreover the Run screen cover the 3D probe basics anyway.

The screenset is tested and works well. Although I have update the screenset file to work on all controllers just in the code of the screenset file without testing (based on previous version). It should work, if not let me know.

-------------
Re MattyZee: Hm.. I'm actually thinking of Linux CNC.. when I get the hardware for it, I'm gonna commit, one day.
Speaking of the Affinity files.. well, I think I keep them mine. If you need some buttons or anything it is quite easy to do .. well it took me 3-4 months staring at the screen to figure the actual layout and theme out :geek:

Postby 2046 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:05 am

You can download the UCCNC v1.2116 from https://www.cncdrive.com/UCCNC/setup_1.2116.exe
see release notes: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240&p=31375#p31375

Previous

Return to Custom Screensets