Need a beta tester or two....

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Re: Need a beta tester or two....

Postby Battwell » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:43 pm

I saw your you tube video on 2017 screen set
Looking sweet ger !
I'm sure uccnc will get a much wider following when this is released and in use
Word soon gets around!
I never used 2010 set as I've always customised my own
But I may have to try the new one :-)
When is release? Price?
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby ger21 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:12 pm

I'm working on the installer, and trying to get a manual written. There are some minor issues that require a new version of UCCNC that isn't available yet, although it does work with the current version.
Probably about $25.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Gerry,

If you will create an installer you will install files into the UCCNC, correct?
If so then you could check these registry keys with the installer:

[Registry]
Root: HKCU; Subkey: "Software\CNCdrive\UCCNC"; ValueType: string; ValueName: "InstallPath"; ValueData: "{app}"; Flags: uninsdeletekey
Root: HKCU; Subkey: "Software\CNCdrive\UCCNC"; ValueType: string; ValueName: "FullVersion"; ValueData: "{#AppVer}"; Flags: uninsdeletekey
Root: HKCU; Subkey: "Software\CNCdrive\UCCNC"; ValueType: string; ValueName: "MajorVersion"; ValueData: "{#MajorVer}"; Flags: uninsdeletekey

The UCCNC installer writes these on installation and removes them on uninstallation,
so you could get the full path where the user installed the UCCNC.
And you could get the full and the major version number if you want to make the installer dependent of UCCNC versions.
And I think you should at least check if the major version number is 1.2 or higher and only install if that's true.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:24 pm

ger21 wrote:I'm working on the installer, and trying to get a manual written. There are some minor issues that require a new version of UCCNC that isn't available yet, although it does work with the current version.
Probably about $25.

We will release the new version pretty soon for testing.
My collegue is currently working on the softlimits issue which one of you guys reported here, when that will be done then we will release it.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:53 pm

Thanks. I was already checking the registry for the InstallPath, which I think is all that I really need.
I searched through the registry to find it. :)
Gerry
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:30 pm

OK, cool. Why I think you should check if the software is major version 1.2 is because you know there can be new things in 1.2 which were not available in 1.1,
so then the users will immediately know that they have to upgrade the software if they still have 1.0 or 1.1 installed.
Otherwise they will install it and will get a screenset error message ... not a big issue I think, but probably more professional if you check for majorversion>=1.2 and then install, otherwise give an error message to install version 1.2 or higher.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:32 am

Can you point me in the right direction if you have time?
After 3 hours of banging my head against the wall, the best I could come up with was this:
Code: Select all
[Code]

function InitializeSetup(): Boolean;

var
MVCheck: string;

begin
Result := False;
RegQueryStringValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, 'Software\CNCdrive\UCCNC', 'MajorVersion', MVCheck)

if (MVCheck = '1.2') then begin
Result := True;
end

else begin
Result := False;
MsgBox('The 2017 Screenset requires UCCNC Version 1.2xx or later - Installation aborting.', mbError, MB_OK);
end

end;

But it will only work if the Major Version is 1.2.
I couldn't figure out how to check for the major version < 1.2.
Gerry
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi Gerry,

Ahh, that's a complicated question for me, because however we also use the Inno Setup for the installer,
but I'm not too familiar with it's language, because it is pascal which has a totally opposite syntax as C language,
so this language itself is a struggle for me.

How I see is that the issue is that you have the 1.2 in a string variable, but I'm not sure if there is a double or float type in this Pascal scripting engine?
If there is then you should just convert the string to number and use the <= comparion, but please don't ask me how to do the conversion, what function can do that, because I have no clue. :(
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby SiSt » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi Gerry,

it's not that easy, but there are some examples of custom functions like this one: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37825650/compare-version-strings-in-inno-setup
SiSt

Postby ger21 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:05 am

but I'm not too familiar with it's language, because it is pascal which has a totally opposite syntax as C language,
so this language itself is a struggle for me.

Me too, since I tried to learn it in 2-3 hours.

it's not that easy, but there are some examples of custom functions like this one: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3782 ... inno-setup

I read a lot of similar examples last night, but they don't really explain what I need. almost everything uses int or string.
Here's the issue I ran into:
It appears that I can only get the registry value as a string.
I can convert it to a double (real?), but I can't check the value of the double in a MsgBox, as it's a Type Mismatch error.
I can then convert the double back to a string, and I get 1.2 again.
However, when I try

if double >= 1.2 , it returns false, even though it appears to be true. And I haven't been able to find a single similar example.

So, I'll have to forget about this for now, I think.
Gerry
ger21

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Screensets