Step Jog question

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: Step Jog question

Postby spumco » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:51 am

UPDATE 2

Just a note of caution...

Discovered that the new Vista plugin is calling G91 when the step mode is activated. However, it does not revert back to G90 (or G92) after the step jogging is complete. Switching to velocity mode also does not change it back. Only way I've found to get back to G90 is to enter it in MDI.

This may cause some unintended motion if an MDI command to move an axis is entered before manually programming G90. Also could be a serious issue if someone loads a program that is missing the G90 from the "safe" block at the beginning.

I've sent them an email asking them to see if there's a fix.

-Spumco
spumco

Postby spumco » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:20 am

UPDATE 3

New VistaCNC plugin is causing my profile settings to not load/save properly. All configuration checkboxes are empty on all page tabs after starting UCCNC, along with most settings. Basic axis settings are saved, but virtually everything else is empty or reverts to default UCCNC settings.

Changed from 1.2046 to 1.2045 and still happened. Problem didn't go away until I disabled the VIsta plugin.

I'll send another email to Vista, but I haven't heard back from them since last Wednesday.

-Spumco
spumco

Postby ger21 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:34 pm

Copied from the other thread:

The checkboxes in the 2017 screenset are not really checkboxes, but are two state buttons.
When the 2017 screenset loads, the state of the actual checkboxes (on a hidden screen)is read, and the 2017 "checkboxes" are updated to match. This is done in the constructor macro. So, perhaps the Vista plugin is somehow interfering wioth the Constructor macro?

I don't think it's an issue with your profile, but the constructor macro.

To confirm that the settings are loading, you can click in the area show in the attached image, in the lower left corner of the screen, and you'll see a screen with the actual checkboxes.

Checkboxes.jpg
Checkboxes.jpg (15.75 KiB) Viewed 10500 times
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby spumco » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Gerry,

Thanks for the checkbox 'Easter egg'.

I've attached two screenshots. One with the Vista plugin disabled, and one with it enabled. You can see that the checkboxes aren't the same, so it appears that the plugin is interfering with the constructor macro. Same thing happens with most of the text box configuration fields.

If the plugin were not handling the two-state buttons properly, would that explain why all the text fields are reset to factory defaults?

I've requested the source code files from Vista as you all suggested earlier.

-S
Attachments
With Vista Screenshot.pdf
(405.73 KiB) Downloaded 661 times
No Vista Screenshot.pdf
(631.03 KiB) Downloaded 662 times
spumco

Postby ger21 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:59 pm

If the plugin were not handling the two-state buttons properly, would that explain why all the text fields are reset to factory defaults?

The Plugin shouldn't even know about the two state buttons. It's the constructor macro that enables them, and also populated the DRO's. It doesn't appear to be running properly.
Gerry
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:08 pm

On startup first the plugins are enabled and after the constructor macro is executed, so it is possible that the plugin starts doing something which disables macro execution.
For example if the plugin immediately starts executing motion then it is possible that the constructor macro will not run at all, because there is a check for motion idle in the macro executer.
Or it is also possible that the plugin stops the constructor macro running.

You could check if the constructor macro runs at all or not with placing for example a MessageBox.Show("mymessage"); e.g. in the very beginning of the macro.
If you do not see the messagebox when you startup the UCCNC then the constructor macro is not starting to run, so the plugin is doing something which blocks the macro to run on startup.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby spumco » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:15 pm

I switched to the default profile and everything appears to be saving and reloading properly when the Vista plugin is enabled.

When the 2017 screenset profile is loaded, the problem returns.

Which macro number is the constructor so I can add the message box?

EDIT - found it. 99998.

Now... exactly what should I put at the beginning to force a message box to pop up?
spumco

Postby ger21 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:34 pm

MessageBox.Show("Constructor is Running...");
Gerry
ger21

Postby spumco » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:41 pm

No message box popped up after adding the line (using the 2017 screenset).

It does go through the pre-compile macros part, loading about 270 macros. But no message box came up (unless I pasted it wrong). Stuck Gerry's line at the very beginning right after the comment line.
spumco

Postby ger21 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:45 pm

Try it with the plugin disabled.
Gerry
ger21

PreviousNext

Return to Ask a question from support here