Help! Machine not responding in UCCNC

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Help! Machine not responding in UCCNC

Postby crashband » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:54 am

Hello everyone,

Some quick machine specs:

*Xzero CNC Predator Kit
*Tekno Electrospindle C4147 with external fan
https://www.damencnc.com/products/milli ... 31_32_GB_1
*Delta VFD 022E21A 220V w/ 100OHM Brake Resistor
https://www.damencnc.com/products/cnc-c ... _2222_GB_1
*Leadshine Easy Servo ES-MH23480 x3
http://www.leadshine.com/productdetail. ... ES-MH23480
*Leadshine Easy Servo Driver ES-DH1208 x3
http://www.leadshine.com/productdetail. ... =ES-DH1208

Control:

*UC300ETH w/ UB1 Breakout board
https://cnc4pc.com/uc300eth-ethernet-mo ... ler-b.html
http://www.cncroom.com/interface-cards/ub1

Software Side:

*Windows 7 PC
*The UC300ETH is communicating with the PC. I am able to ping it and everything is set up as per the UC300ETH manual.
*UB1 profile downloaded for UCCNC from CNCRoom.com and configured as per the UB1 manual regarding I/O, Axis, Spindle, Charge Pump, etc..

Experienced Problems:

*We are unable to jog the router using UCCNC. However, we are able to jog the easy servos manually via the Driver LED display.
*We are getting the following RED fault codes in the diagnostics menu within UCCNC
*Charge Pump1 - Flashing Red
*PWM Spindle - Solid Red
*All directional Axis pins are Offline

We commissioned a professional for assembly and wire-up of all the electronic components. Attached are photos of the cabinet itself and the UB1 board with status LED lights. It seems that the issue we are currently experiencing is beyond the scope of the builder or we have not communicated the issue clearly.

We suspect that the reason for unresponsive UCCNC input is because the CP pin is not wired up hence the flashing fault in the UCCNC diagnostics menu.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attachments
20171029_165627.jpg
20171029_175157.jpg
crashband

Re: Help! Machine not responding in UCCNC

Postby cncdrive » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:28 am

Hi,

If you need a charge pump or enable or any other signals for your drives to work depends on your drives and control box.
The "red" signals are not at all fault signals, they are just signals, they are not faults, they mean no error.
The Charge pump signal is simply an output signal and that it's virtual LED is flashing is OK, it is flashing when the charge pump signal is on, because the charge pump signal is not a stationary signal, but a pulsing signal, so the signal state is continously changing, hence visually the LED is flashing.
The PWM spindle is a PWM output for spindle speed control.
There is no such thing as a signal is offline, a digital signal can be 0 or 1, in other words high or low. When the virtual LED is grey color then the signal is low and when it is colored then the signal is high.
We colored the input signals green when they are on high level and we colored the output signals to red color when they are on high level. The red color does not means an error.
You just missunderstanding or better say not understanding what the LEDs mean and signals mean.

The machine is probably unresponsive because you did not set up the signals properly. Signals are missing, not configured at all or missconfigured, configured to the wrong pins.
It only depends on your wiring how the signals has to be configured and that is only you know how to do since you wired your machine.
There is no such thing as a generic UB1 profile file which always work, with all wiring, that is simply impossible to make. All I/Os in the UCCNC are freely configurable and your configuration must match your wiring, otherwise for example if you connected your X drive's step pin for example to pin 2., but you configured it to pin 3. in the UCCNC then that will ofcourse not work, because the signal will go out on the wrong pin, not the one connected to your drive. This was ofcourse just an example, I'm just trying to describe you to understand what the problem can be...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dezsoe » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:41 am

Attached are photos of the cabinet itself and the UB1 board with status LED lights.

Was UCCNC up and running while the photo was taken? Because I don't see the blue LED lighting on UC300Eth board. Is the green LED blinking? Check the UC300Eth procuct manual for LED states and network connecting.
dezsoe

Postby crashband » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:10 am

dezsoe wrote:
Attached are photos of the cabinet itself and the UB1 board with status LED lights.

Was UCCNC up and running while the photo was taken? Because I don't see the blue LED lighting on UC300Eth board. Is the green LED blinking? Check the UC300Eth procuct manual for LED states and network connecting.
cncdrive wrote:Hi,
The blue LED only flashes briefly during UCCNC startup. Does not stay on. I can ping the connection and running the UCxxx_util.exe in the Util folder detects the controller and test shows connection Ok!

If you need a charge pump or enable or any other signals for your drives to work depends on your drives and control box.
The "red" signals are not at all fault signals, they are just signals, they are not faults, they mean no error.
The Charge pump signal is simply an output signal and that it's virtual LED is flashing is OK, it is flashing when the charge pump signal is on, because the charge pump signal is not a stationary signal, but a pulsing signal, so the signal state is continously changing, hence visually the LED is flashing.
The PWM spindle is a PWM output for spindle speed control.
There is no such thing as a signal is offline, a digital signal can be 0 or 1, in other words high or low. When the virtual LED is grey color then the signal is low and when it is colored then the signal is high.
We colored the input signals green when they are on high level and we colored the output signals to red color when they are on high level. The red color does not means an error.
You just missunderstanding or better say not understanding what the LEDs mean and signals mean.
Understood! Thanks for the clarification. I Have "disabled the charge pump" to 0-0 since it appears we do not have one wired in hopes of isolating the problem.

The machine is probably unresponsive because you did not set up the signals properly. Signals are missing, not configured at all or missconfigured, configured to the wrong pins.
It only depends on your wiring how the signals has to be configured and that is only you know how to do since you wired your machine.
Unfortunately, we did not wire the board and drivers. The parts were contracted out to a member here and it he has advised us to seek advice on this board...
There is no such thing as a generic UB1 profile file which always work, with all wiring, that is simply impossible to make. All I/Os in the UCCNC are freely configurable and your configuration must match your wiring, otherwise for example if you connected your X drive's step pin for example to pin 2., but you configured it to pin 3. in the UCCNC then that will ofcourse not work, because the signal will go out on the wrong pin, not the one connected to your drive. This was ofcourse just an example, I'm just trying to describe you to understand what the problem can be...
The X,Y,Z axis step and direction pins have been verified from Driver to board. However, during jogging via UCCNC, the LEDS flash on the diagnostic screen but not on the physical board.

Even though I'm no longer getting the license key error, on the upper left corner, it is still telling me that UCCNC is running in demo mode.

Here is my profile if you wish to take a look:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9t5wpe9d92pwus/UB1.pro?dl=0

I also posted this on CNCZone. If crosslinking is allowed, I can post that thread.

Thank you

crashband

Postby cncdrive » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:40 am

If the blue LED on the UC300ETH is off then the UCCNC is in demo mode.
In demo mode there is no communication between the UCCNC and the UC300ETH, in demo mode everything is just simulation, the software will not output physical signals via the motion controller.

The blue LED blinks on software startup if the UC300ETH receives some valid data packets from the computer via the ethernet connection.
The UCCNC send some packets to every motion controllers connected to ask the device it's serial number and then the software compares that to the license keys you have in the UCCNC folder.
If there is no license key for your motion controller then you get a no valid license key message.
And if there is a valid license key for your motion controller then the UCCNC will start a continous communication with the motion controller and so the blue LED will remain on while the software is open, the connection is active.

Even though I'm no longer getting the license key error, on the upper left corner, it is still telling me that UCCNC is running in demo mode.

I don't understand what do you mean? You getting a no valid license key message or not? What no longer means?

I don't think that checking your profile will help now, because to make a connection is not profile dependent. You first have to have a proper communication (not demo mode) between the UCCNC and the UC300ETH, until that nothing will work.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby crashband » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am

cncdrive wrote:If the blue LED on the UC300ETH is off then the UCCNC is in demo mode.
In demo mode there i....

The license key file was copied into the directory. I am no longer getting the error prompt telling me no valid license key detected.

Could my license key be the culprit here?
crashband

Postby cncdrive » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:48 am

Do you get a "Device selection" window prior to getting the UCCNC main window to show up?
If you do, do you see your device in the list of devices? Like on the picture I've attached to this post.
If you do get that window then do you see your device there with it's serial number? Any text next to the device name about not having a valid license key for the device?
Attachments
Deviceselection.png
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby crashband » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:50 am

cncdrive wrote:Do you get a "Device selection" window prior to getting the UCCNC main window to show up?
If you do, do you see your device in the list of devices? Like on the picture I've attached to this post.
If you do get that window then do you see your device there with it's serial number? Any text next to the device name about not having a valid license key for the device?

I have that window. But it does not show my device with the serial number.
crashband

Postby cncdrive » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:06 am

Then the UCCNC does not see your device at all.
Your network settings are probably not OK or you do not have a proper physical network connection.
Please note, that our Utility tool will always find the motion controller if you have a OK physical connection, but even if your network is not setup correctly,
because the utility tool is communicating with broadcast messages, so it finds the motion controllers on any endpoints of the network through any LAN cards and through any routers and switches in between with any network settings.
The UCCNC is communicating with UDP messages which are received only by the devices configured to the proper IP range of your LAN card's IP address.

This is done this way, because using broadcast messages is not OK for continous and long communications as it can overload the network and the utility tool sends out only a few broadcast messages to detect all devices and this is basicly what broadcast messages are for, but the UCCNC sending lots of data countinously and for that broadcast messages would be not OK as they could block up other devices on the network,
so is why UDP packets are used for normal communication which only the motion controller will receive and understand. But for UDP messages to work you have to have a proper IP configuration which matches in the LAN card to the UC300ETH settings.

So, what I think is that when you got the no valid license key message then you had an OK connection and proper network configuration, but an invalid license key file.
And now that you no more getting an invalid license key message and your device is not seen by the UCCNC software now your physical connection is not OK or your settings are not OK if you meanwhile made changes in the network settings.
I advice you to test the connection again with the utility tool and adjust the settings if nessessary.
And if the utility tool also does not find your device then check your ethernet cable connection and also check your 5V power supply voltage.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:26 am

You can also post your settings in the utility tool and a command line ipconfig command to see if your settings are really OK.
I mean posting printscreen images of them.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here