XHC-HB04 jogging

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: XHC-HB04 jogging

Postby Greolt » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:28 pm

Thanks Rob

On the same subject,

It looks like the jog step increments are hard coded. Wish they could be set in configuration. 0.001mm is a bit superfluous on my router. :) Preference would be 1, 0.5, 0.1, 0.05mm

Writing macros for setting jog increments and assigning them to buttons would work I guess.

However, I assume the pendant mode button will never be able to cycle through them.
Greolt

Postby cncdrive » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:55 pm

You can write in a number in the "Step dist." field on the jog panel and then that will be the step size for step jogging.
You can also write a macro which writes a value into the same field and you can assing that macro to a button and you can assign the same to an input trigger.
So, it is possible to have any size of steps for step jogging.
However input triggers can be freely assigned with a pendant which has freely assignable buttons (e.g. connecting to input pins of the motion controller), I think with the HB-04 the button functions are fixed, but I'm not 100% sure about it at the moment, maybe I remember incorrectly, but I do not have that type of pendant at me to check now.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Robertspark » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:30 am

I don't think the buttons have to be fixed to specific functions, however it would be fairly confusing if you did not use the assigned button configuration given the brooms are screen printed with the functions.

In uccnc they use what is called the hall hardware abstraction layer to assign functions to the buttons within an ini (initialisation ) file...
Hence you can change whatever you want assignment wise.

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.p ... PG_Pendant

Technically I think you could get whatever you want to display on the LCD too in the fields if it was possible to change the assigned field codes

I use plasma... Hence spindle speed is of no use to me....

But voltage setpoint is... And it would be nice to be able to adjust it from the mpg and feed into the neuron thc plugin voltage field...
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:42 am

It is a matter of the plugin how buttons are assignable to functions.
The plugin is who comunicates with the device and the plugin is who calls functions of the UCCNC based on what it communicated with the pendant.
And as far as I remember we assigned the buttons in that plugin to be fixed, but as said my memory may be incorrect on this one.

That LCD has some fixed text rows and some fixed on/off turnable icons, you can write any text to the LCD text field via USB communication,
what you can't change via USB comunication is the location of the text rows, location of the icons, the size of the characters, because even if the LCD was a graphic LCD the controller of the pendant still only accepts string datas and on/off control of icons, so you can't write the LCD pixel by pixel, because the controller of the pendant does not makes it possible.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Greolt » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:37 am

Robertspark wrote:When you edit the screen you can change the size of the LEDs displayed and also change the image that is displayed.

Had a look at the png images that come with the default screen. They have some very subtle shades and gradients.

Not sure I could produce images that would look right. Guess that does not really matter either.

Have not done any screen editing. Need to dive right in and see how much of a mess I can make. :)

Assume all you need to do is copy and rename the "Defaultscreenset.ssf". Start from there.
Greolt

Postby Robertspark » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:14 am

Balazs, any chance maybe looking at the plugin and offering the option to change the default assigned buttons or maybe the LCD fields?

I know cncdrive uccnc development team is busy.. very busy, but I thought I'd ask.... I was only wondering about the spindle LCD string / field and the spindle mpg Inc or Dec button codes becoming accessible maybe in a future development release

Greolt,

Suggest you download GIMP2 (graphics image manipulation program I think) as its proved invaluable with what I've been working on with screensets if you are thinking about editing images.

This is off topic, but what I did was add another folder within the default screenset folder which contains my non standard images, and added those to the screenset that I'm editing via the screenset edit tool on the config tab, that way when I install the next version of uccnc, my screenset will still use all of the default latest images (incase they have been modified or added to) and also my images. I can then also modify the latest screensets to accommodate my modified images via a test editor (notepad++) by editing the SSL file directly, in case any new fields, button codes etc have been added to the latest screensets I can try to keep tabs with what is available

Some of the images are subtly shaded, but that is to reflect the button up and button down status of the image when pressed. This was done by gradient filling the image top to bottom, and then mirroring or flipping the image top to bottom for the opposite button image, and test was added via a layer so that did not change. All of this you can do, redo or modify via GIMP2 after you've got the hang of it (very easy to use)

Some images have a toggle setting, hence are split images left and right too
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:24 am

The other thing I did was I changed the custom image names within my default screenset sub folder to reflect what number I was going to assign to them and gave them a meaningful name, that way when I modify the default screenset in the future and transpose the screen information from one SSL file to another via notepad++ I can search for the high number image sequence (like 2700, 2701 etc)

So my image names become
2700-bkgndPlasma.png
2701-ledGreenOn.png
2701-ledGreenOff.png
2702-btnTorchUp.png
2702-btnTorchDn.png
Etc...

Being that I'm also a royal OCD pia perfectionist, when I was done assigning the names to all of the images, I opened up ms word and created a new document and inserted the images into the document by group selecting the images CTL+a and pressing insert, that way all the images appeared in sequence, I then laid them out vertically one to a line and created a single column table around the images, and inserted a column to the RHS

I then used a directory listing programe and listed the contents of the directory in a text file, copied that to a new word document, deleted the superfluous lines and info, and created a 1 column table around the text, copied that info the original image displaying word document and printed it out for easy reference to hand to select the right image numbers fast when editing the screenset .... Hence i know if I want a green led, I can just type in 2701 etc
Robertspark

Postby andrewbishop66 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:50 pm

Hi
Assuming you mean that you added these to the UCCNC screen. Is that correct?

Yes just made small leds on the 2017 screen set with help from the guys on here with labels and they work great I had stoped using my pendant as I broke a probe tip but now back using it without the worry of being in the wrong mode
if you search replies to my posts you will see the explanation on the leds

Thanks Andrew
andrewbishop66

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here