UC100 and UCxxx_utility.exe meant to comunicate together?

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

UC100 and UCxxx_utility.exe meant to comunicate together?

Postby Jfclouti » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:26 pm

Hello,

I finished assembling my 3 axis CNC a few weeks ago. It came with the UC100. The seller was XzeroCNC, in Canada. The UCCNC software seemed good, so I bought a license to use it with my UC100. I've been trying to get things working for many days now. But my stepper motors will not move at all. The setepper motors have been tested separately and they seem to be OK.

CNC components: Leadshine mx4660 motor controller with built in break out board, 3 Leadshine stepper motors (57HS21A-I), 48V regulated power supply, UC100. All green lights of the mx4660 are ON, meaning good status and ready to work.

I carefully read the manual for every components listed above, including the software manual. Every connection as been rechecked many time with both a multimeter and an oscilloscope. Both green and blue LEDs are ON on the UC100.

Leadshine provides a MX4660.xml file to quickly configure Mach 3 to work with with the mx4660, so I used it and imported it successfully in UCCNC. I checked the pin in and out config in the software and everything seems OK. Still nothing moves.

Now, being desperate, I found an utility software called UCxxx_utility.exe in the Util sub folder of UCCNC. They might not be meant to work together, but I tried and got this :
Capture.PNG

Even though the LEDs are ON, my UC100 cannot be found. That seems strange.

Since nothing seems to communicate properly between my PC and the mx4660, could it be that I've been sold a fake UC100?

Could one buy a software license with a fake UC100 (and its fake serial number I suppose)? That would be bad...

Thanks for your replies.

JF
Jfclouti

Re: UC100 and UCxxx_utility.exe meant to comunicate together

Postby dezsoe » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:51 pm

Hello,

First of all, let's check if you have a real UC100. Normally, UCxxx_utility will only see the UC100 if UCCNC is not connected to it. So, exit UCCNC and press scan in the utility. If you see your UC100 listed there, then it's a good news.
dezsoe

Postby cncdrive » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:08 pm

Does it have 2 LEDs at the USB connector side?
Is the UC100 packed into grey plastic or metal shell?
Can you post a photo of your UC100?

What do you mean by "LEDs are on"? What LEDs? The green and blue on the UC100?
The green LED is on on the UC100 if it is powered and the blue LED goes on when there is a software connection (UCCNC or Mach3).
As Dezsoe said, one time only one software can be connected. If the UCCNC is connected then the Utility tool can't connect and vica versa.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Jfclouti » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:58 am

Ok, after closing the UCCNC software, the UCxxx_utility.exe was able to communicate with the UC100 and show me its serial number. So it must be a legit one.

Thanks everyone. Now I will continue to look for a way to get things working.

JF
Jfclouti

Postby dezsoe » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:42 am

That's good news! Then you have a real UC100 with a working license!
dezsoe

Return to Ask a question from support here