Is there an easy workaround

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Is there an easy workaround

Postby needleworks » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:29 pm

Hi guys, I have been using uccnc on my mill successfully for about a year now, I run it through a UC300 usb board on windows 10, and everything is good. I also have an old XP pc which I use to run my denford orac lathe and it's running via a parallel port.
Recently the old XP pc has began to fail, so I thought it was time for an upgrade ! Last week I purchased a UC100 controller, to get rid of the parallel cable. I then took my wife's house pc out to the garage, to set everything up, and all went fine, I had it running machturn in no time at all, with the UC100 controlling it, it was way smoother running than it's ever been :D

Then my wife decided she wanted her pc back, so I thought, no problem, I'll just plug the UC100 into my mill pc, and although I know I'll never use both controllers at the same time, I plugged the usb cable into my pc. This is where the problem arises ! When I want to run my lathe, using the UC100 (non licensed) and machturn, there is no problem at all, but when I want to go back to my mill, even though I have a valid license, I can't get UCCNC to start in anything other than demo mode (it can obviously detect both controllers) If I simply unplug the UC100 controller everything is fine. It's not a huge problem to put another computer in the garage so I can run them both seperately, but it would be nice if I could get them both to run from the same pc ? Just wondering if there's some kind of workaround.
needleworks

Re: Is there an easy workaround

Postby A_Camera » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi,

Read the manual about how to start UCCNC using the command line arguments. If you type the serial number of the licensed controller at the end of the command UCCNC will start normally. Example:

C:/UCCNC/UCCNC.exe /p myprofile /s 60CC4D

In the example above 60CC4D is the serial number
A_Camera

Re: Is there an easy workaround

Postby needleworks » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:52 pm

A_Camera wrote:Hi,

Read the manual about how to start UCCNC using the command line arguments. If you type the serial number of the licensed controller at the end of the command UCCNC will start normally. Example:

C:/UCCNC/UCCNC.exe /p myprofile /s 60CC4D

In the example above 60CC4D is the serial number

Many thanks my friend, I'll certainly give that a try tomorrow night ! One PC less in my small garage is a bonus, not to mention the nest of cables I can get rid of.
needleworks

Return to Ask a question from support here