UCCNC Prob

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

UCCNC Prob

Postby Orazzaz » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:23 pm

Hallo Guys,
1st of all this is my 1st post here..
i dont have that much experince with elktronics but i'm trying..

1st of all i built my own cnc..
i connected everything by my self .. i think that there is a lot of Errors here but till now everything is working fine except the probing ..
with the Auto leveler plugin after the 2nd or the 3rd probing the machin stoped completly and giving me the error massege "the probe sensor was active. the operation was aborted"
and always with G31 Code. i searched over here and i found this Topic talking about this and you guys found that the MPG jog mode must be in cont. to get this to work and you all had success.. but my Problem that i'm not using MPG at all and ist already at cont. and ist not working.. it always stop after the 2nd or 3rd prob.
my board is the chinies one http://images.tupianguanjia.com/bin/7333/00200-005.jpg
i connected 2 prob to 10 and 15 and i figure out that i dont Need any GND for them, as the Moment that they touch the mill tip they prob.. from diogenes bage i can see clearly that they are working as it suppose to be .... is this is right?? or i Need to connect the ground ??? Need advice here..
i tried out also the active low and active high .. one of them dont remeber exactly but the prob was always active so i moved to the other..
Guys Please anyhelp will be appreciated .. i'm on this Problem from 3 days and can't do anymore Progress..
Orazzaz

Re: UCCNC Prob

Postby cncdrive » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:38 pm

You get a probe error if the probe is already active when you execute the G31 probing code,
this is an error, because it means for the controller that your probe is already sitting on the workpiece,
so moving the probe further is risky and also the probing will not be possible, the measurement can't be correct.

The issue can be if your probe sensor stuck in the switched on state or the probe sensor is producing prell while the probing is done fast, so the probe is still producing a 0/1/0/1/0/1 prell sequence on the output when the new probing cycle already starts. Or noise may be picked up and transfered by the probe, especially possible if it is a clip type simple probe.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Orazzaz » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:50 pm

thanx alot for answering,
yeah its clip type simple probe..
and maybe also the prob feedrate is high .. i'll try to reduce it and see what will happend ..
but if it didnt work ..

what should i try??
Orazzaz

Postby Orazzaz » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:01 pm

i did make the feedrate for prob 50 and the same problem still..
dont know what to do..
its very important to me .. thats why i bought UCCNC ..
Orazzaz

Postby A_Camera » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Orazzaz wrote:i did make the feedrate for prob 50 and the same problem still..
dont know what to do..
its very important to me .. thats why i bought UCCNC ..

I think your problem is electrical installation but only you can solve that. Probing works fine with the UCCNC, even with a simple probe and a very cheap BOB. If it doesn't work for you then you have to check your wiring and your BOB. Perhaps there is a problem with the BOB. We have no idea about how you wired it up.

Also... Don't start with the auto leveller plugin unless you have everything worked out before. It is not necessary for probing at all and it may in fact confuse you more.
A_Camera

Postby rdheiliger » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:58 am

I just installed the MyScreenProbe today and found that the Z axes probing worked fine. But all the others ended with the error that the probe was active. Looking thru the macro code for the z axes zero and the others, one thing popped, the exec.Wait(10); is in all macros except for the z axes, which has exec.Wait(200). I changed all the wait commands from 10 to 200 in all of the other macros and now they all work.

I am running on a tablet that has a processor speed a little slower than the minimum required for uccnc. Thinking that the short wait times are are requesting updates too fast and crashing the subroutine, and the default error is probe was active.
rdheiliger

Postby A_Camera » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:17 am

rdheiliger wrote:I just installed the MyScreenProbe today and found that the Z axes probing worked fine. But all the others ended with the error that the probe was active. Looking thru the macro code for the z axes zero and the others, one thing popped, the exec.Wait(10); is in all macros except for the z axes, which has exec.Wait(200). I changed all the wait commands from 10 to 200 in all of the other macros and now they all work.

I am running on a tablet that has a processor speed a little slower than the minimum required for uccnc. Thinking that the short wait times are are requesting updates too fast and crashing the subroutine, and the default error is probe was active.

Hi,

Question answered here:

http://www.forum.cncdrive.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=538&start=20
A_Camera

Return to Ask a question from support here