C25, UC300ETH, M45 input problem

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

C25, UC300ETH, M45 input problem

Postby motogeek » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:22 am

Hi, I am using the UC300ETH board on an M45 motherboard with a C25 breakout board attached. All the outputs are working well and I am successfully controlling 4 motors with those outputs. I hooked up home switches and notice that when I am in the diagnostic screen, no inputs change states when I hit the home sensors even though the leds on the breakout board are turning on and off according to the switch state. I disconnected the switches and just ran direct connections to either ground or +5v on the breakout board, again the leds on the bob indicate that a high or low level is present on the input pins, yet nothing shows on the diagnostic screen. I tried both ports 1 and 2, using inputs 9, 10, 11, 12 and other inputs. All leds on bob show the transitions, but UCCNC does not see any changes. Again, all outputs work properly, this problem is with inputs only. Is there anything I can try to see what is wrong.

Thank you for your help. I am really impressed with UCCNC and will be changing all 7 of my machines over to this from Mach. Just need to get this input thing resolved if possible.

A quick video of my first UCCNC on a multicam machine that I am having the problem with...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMcRxU1i8LA
motogeek

Re: C25, UC300ETH, M45 input problem

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:29 am

Hi,

What is the UCCNC version you running? I'm asking this, because the CNC4PC M45 motherboard support was added only a few versions back.
Does your UCCNC recognise your M45 motherboard? You can check this on the Help/About page, check the Device type text on that page.
Can you verify, narrow down the problem with checking the inputs directly on the M45 board? I mean to switch the inputs of the M45 to the ground of the M45 to see if the issue is with the M45/UCCNC or the breakout board.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby motogeek » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:30 am

I am using the most current release. I was told by Arturo that the C25 is not compatible with the M45. I just switched to the C11gs board and all is well.

Thank you for UCCNC!!! I am very impressed with your work!
motogeek

Postby cncdrive » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi, thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you satisfied with our software. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Ask a question from support here