info uc400eth

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

info uc400eth

Postby alfre » Tue May 23, 2017 7:53 pm

hi guy, can uc400eth run with Mach4?
alfre

Re: info uc400eth

Postby dezsoe » Wed May 24, 2017 2:10 pm

alfre wrote:hi guy, can uc400eth run with Mach4?

Now it cannot run with Mach4. The good news: the development is in progress, but it takes some time to finish.
dezsoe

Postby CT63 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Why not just use UCCNC software instead of mach 4? :?:
CT63

Postby alfre » Wed May 24, 2017 8:36 pm

I'm evaluating ... mach3 / 4 presents so many boards developed for it, for example pokeys57U which allows you to have so many remote commands communicating only via usb. My milling machine is 4-axis and I personally use hsmworks as a cam software and I was able to find the postprocessor for 4-axis mach while to uccnc no. Another thing that does not convinces me a lot is the license of being killed by the motion controller and if it accidentally gets hurt, I'm obliged to buy another motion controller and another license having so much expense. The uccnc has a nice one that is intuitive, runs at 400khz and has a very nice interface.
alfre

Postby cncdrive » Wed May 24, 2017 10:01 pm

With the UCCNC you can have upto 85 I/Os on the motion controller (UC300ETH), so in most cases there is no need for another external board,
but if you need more you can still use any generic modbus I/O expander boards (USB and ethernet), lots of different types are available for very little cost.

And you do not have to buy a new license if your motion controller damages. If you sending the damaged and licensed one back to us then we port your license key to the new motion controller for free.

And by the way with Mach4 you are tied to the computer's PCID. If your computer dies then you no longer have a license key.
With the UCCNC you can freely move the license key to any number of computers as long as you move the licensed motion controller.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby alfre » Thu May 25, 2017 11:28 am

Ok, Can you link an example or modbus I/0 for Uccnc?
alfre

Postby dezsoe » Thu May 25, 2017 3:24 pm

alfre wrote:Ok, Can you link an example or modbus I/0 for Uccnc?

Check this topic. You can find all docs and source codes.
dezsoe

Postby alfre » Fri May 26, 2017 6:38 am

Ok thanx. Does Uccnc move 4 axis with generic RS274 post processor or need a custom post?
alfre

Postby dezsoe » Fri May 26, 2017 8:38 am

I think it depends on the postprocessor. Normally it should, but first you should try it. Generate a code and load it into UCCNC. You will see in the code window the result, as the codes that will not work are colored red. (You can download the software and test it without a license: it will not move your machine but you can see the movements on the screen.)

Some CAM programs have post for UCCNC, so you should check if it exists. In general, we can say that generic or Mach postprocessors work or can be easy modified to work with UCCNC, but it depends on the CAM.
dezsoe

Postby A_Camera » Mon May 29, 2017 8:36 am

alfre wrote:Ok, Can you link an example or modbus I/0 for Uccnc?

The Modbus plugin which is bundled with UCCNC is really very nice. It works very well and is extremely flexible, really professionally made. As long as you have a device which is Modbus compatible it seems to work well. I am using it, not only for simple on/off/cw/ccw and RPM control of my spindle, but also downloading and displaying several parameters from the VFD to monitor the spindle and the VFD. Have previously used Mach3 and compared to Mach3 Brains, the UCCNC wins by miles ahead. Maybe not entirely intuitive for somebody who is not used to datacom, but I think once you get over the slight uphill you will never look for something else. There is really only one thing I miss from Mach3 regarding Modbus, but it is no big deal to live without. It would be nice to be able to set message repeat times individually, so that for example one message type. As an example, monitoring certain low priority values as temperature, current and so on would be sent once every 1000ms, while another high priority message (controlling speed and on/off) every 50ms, and if I wanted to monitor important but not highly critical messages, for example RPM, this could be set to every 200ms. As of now, everything is sent in a loop and only the loop time can be set by the user. Never the less, it woks very well and never really had any serious issues with it.
A_Camera

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here