info uc400eth

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: info uc400eth

Postby dezsoe » Mon May 29, 2017 9:32 am

A_Camera wrote:There is really only one thing I miss from Mach3 regarding Modbus

Did you mean UCCNC?
dezsoe

Postby A_Camera » Mon May 29, 2017 12:00 pm

dezsoe wrote:
A_Camera wrote:There is really only one thing I miss from Mach3 regarding Modbus

Did you mean UCCNC?

I meant I miss that Mach3 feature. UCCNC does not have it. It would be nice addition but I have not requested or mentioned before because the UCCNC Modbus implementation is great as it also. Though... it would be nice and useful to have.

Edit: I see now that I messed up that part of the message. This is what I meant:

There is really only one thing I miss from Mach3 regarding Modbus, but it is no big deal to live without. It would be nice to be able to set message repeat times individually, just like in Mach3, so that each message could have different repeat frequency. As an example, monitoring certain low priority values (i.e. temperature, current) would be sent once every 1000ms, while another high priority message (controlling speed and on/off) every 50ms or whatever one prefers, and if I wanted to monitor important but not highly critical messages, for example RPM, this could be set to every 200ms. As for now, everything is sent in a loop and only the wait time after a loop can be set by the user. Never the less, it woks very well and never really had any serious issues with it.
A_Camera

Postby dezsoe » Mon May 29, 2017 12:23 pm

OK, now I understand. :)
dezsoe

Postby A_Camera » Mon May 29, 2017 1:11 pm

dezsoe wrote:OK, now I understand. :)

Sorry for creating a confusion... you know how it is some times... Hétfő reggeli fáradtság... :lol:
A_Camera

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here