AXBBE suddenly doesn't send signal to spindle driver/cooler

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

AXBBE suddenly doesn't send signal to spindle driver/cooler

Postby bvanbiezen » Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:04 pm

Hey All!

I've built a RatRig Stronghold Pro with the UCCNC software and AXBBE controller. This is hooked up to a FOLINN H110 inverter. I had to reset a milling operation when I saw that the bed is not flat (enough) and pressed reset. When I fixed it and wanted to rerun the Gcode, the spindle and the coolant didn't want to start again. When pressing Spindle CW I see the port lighting up on the I/O monitor on the screen but not on the AXBBE LED assigned to that port. Same for the coolant. I've restarted everything but no success. Has anyone have this experience or know what to try?

Thanks in advance!

Bastiaan van Biezen
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2024-08-26 at 23.02.36 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-08-26 at 23.02.35.jpeg
bvanbiezen

Re: AXBBE suddenly doesn't send signal to spindle driver/coo

Postby cncdrive » Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:07 pm

Verify the spindle start signal from the AXBB-E and verify the analog 0-10V output signal, assuming that you running your VFD using analog voltage reference signal.
Use a multimeter to measure the voltage.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: AXBBE suddenly doesn't send signal to spindle driver/coo

Postby bvanbiezen » Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:01 pm

Thanks for the reply! I measure 12ish volt on the CW and CWW outputs and 5v on the relay output (for coolant) which seems normal to me. When I connect/short those lines to 5V0 and any line connected to that like analog out 1, the spindle and cooler start and work properly. Sooo I'll dive into the axbbe manual to try to find something, but maybe you know what to do here?

Thanks!
bvanbiezen

Return to Ask a question from support here