uc100 not communicating with win 10 laptop

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

uc100 not communicating with win 10 laptop

Postby betwisted » Thu May 16, 2024 4:32 pm

I recieved a uc100 (and a license file) as part of a new 5axis controller from cnc4newbie.
I didn't realize they also sent the license file at first though so bought one through cnc4pc (serial matched..).
I installed UCCNC and the drivers for the uc100. When plugging in the uc100 to the usb cable the green light comes on (but not the blue, never the blue at this point).
Through the device manager, the uc100 is recognized and looks to be working properly.
The utility for scanning for it never has picked it up though.
I started watching videos and reading forums for ideas on how to fix it and have exhausted everything I could find.
I've disconnected from the internet and installed drivers.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and the software in different orders wondering if that would make a difference.
I adjusted all the power settings for the laptop so it shouldn't turn off the power to anything.
I turned on the Load VCP in the advanced tab of the uc100 usb driver.
Nothing that I have done so far has made a difference. The driver looks "normal" in device manager and behaves normally but the uc100 will not communicate with the laptop.
windows is up to date as of last night 22h2 (i believe..).
At this point I believe the uc100 hardware is bad in some way.
I'm thinking of buying a new one, but then I have to buy another new license file making the others a complete waste, and there's no guarantee it'll work.
If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate whatever help I can get.
betwisted

Re: uc100 not communicating with win 10 laptop

Postby cncdrive » Sun May 26, 2024 10:02 am

Try this please: http://www.szentkereszty.net/uc100/

And if this does not help and the USB drivers are installed properly then something is wrong with the UC100.
Also you can try to exchange the USB cable.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: uc100 not communicating with win 10 laptop

Postby thegreatwaldo » Sun May 26, 2024 9:01 pm

betwisted wrote:I recieved a uc100 (and a license file) as part of a new 5axis controller from cnc4newbie.
I didn't realize they also sent the license file at first though so bought one through cnc4pc (serial matched..).
I installed UCCNC and the drivers for the uc100. When plugging in the uc100 to the usb cable the green light comes on (but not the blue, never the blue at this point).
Through the device manager, the uc100 is recognized and looks to be working properly.
The utility for scanning for it never has picked it up though.
I started watching videos and reading forums for ideas on how to fix it and have exhausted everything I could find.
I've disconnected from the internet and installed drivers.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and the software in different orders wondering if that would make a difference.
I adjusted all the power settings for the laptop so it shouldn't turn off the power to anything.
I turned on the Load VCP in the advanced tab of the uc100 usb driver.
Nothing that I have done so far has made a difference. The driver looks "normal" in device manager and behaves normally but the uc100 will not communicate with the laptop.
windows is up to date as of last night 22h2 (i believe..).
At this point I believe the uc100 hardware is bad in some way.
I'm thinking of buying a new one, but then I have to buy another new license file making the others a complete waste, and there's no guarantee it'll work.
If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate whatever help I can get.

Have you checked that the serial number on the license file is the same as your uc100 ? I had one that had mistakenly been sent that was similar but not the same that I hadn't noticed. I was rectified in 10 mins, (on a Sunday!!) by CNCdrive with the correct file being sent. Might be worth checking + check the usb cable (they are not all the same!)
Cheers
Andrew
thegreatwaldo

Return to Ask a question from support here