Need Help - How to back off XYZ during Homing

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Need Help - How to back off XYZ during Homing

Postby sidney7491 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:16 am

Hi, I installed an AXBB-E on my CNC Router and I am having problem with Homing. On Z, I have one Prox SW on Top, On X, I have mechanical SW on both end and wired in series. On Y, I also have mechanical SW on both end and also wired in series. All the switches are all normally closed.
At first I configured all the switches for both HOME and LIMIT but I was having too much problems.
During Homing, Z will stop after tripping the TOP SW. X and Y will NOT stop after tripping the XY switches, it will keep on going, I have to press Estop.
So now I configured all the switches just to HOME. On LIMIT I just configured them to "0".
When I go to HOME All now, it works BUT XYZ will not Back Off after hitting their respective switches and then I get a RESET light because the switches are tripped.

HOW can I make each of the AXIS Retract back about an inch after they hit their switches?
I am looking into OFFSETS now but I am unsure what to look for. (Don't have the experience).

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Sidney
sidney7491

Re: Need Help - How to back off XYZ during Homing

Postby dezsoe » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:03 am

Build your configuration step by step, only one thing at a time. Jog all your axes away from the sensors. Here is how to set the Z axis, X and Y will be the same.

Open the Diag page and check your inputs. Test the Z sensor: remember which input and how it changes. If the LED for the input turns off when you activate the sensor then it is active low. Go to the axis setup page and set the input and the active low checkbox. Normally your Z sensor is on the top and Z increases upwards, so you need to check the Dir positive checkbox near the home input. The homing finishes when the axis comes off the sensor, but if you want to move further then you can set the homing back off value. It is a signed number, so if you want the Z to come down further 0.5 inch then set it to -0.5. Don't forget to apply or save the changes. Test the Z homing and if it's OK then you can do the same with X and Y. You can set the limit sensors to the same as the homing pin, port and active low: while the axis is homing the input will work as home input.

If an axis doesn't come off the sensor then you have to invert the active low setting.
dezsoe

Postby sidney7491 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:22 pm

Sorry, My bad. I was on the configuration many times But I guess I was not paying attention on the right side of the screen. Most of the changes I made were on the middle of the screen.

I connected my laptop and went to the configuration page. I am on Z Axis setup. If I enter 0.5 or 1 or 2 or 4 on the "Back Off" when I click on "Apply Setting" or Save Setting. 0.5 or whatever number I entered will just go back to Zero.
The program is not saving the change. I also tried it on X and Y. It is not saving the changes.

I configured all the Limit Switches, so now I have both Home and Limit on the same Input Pin.
Right now just like before, HOME ALL works but none of the AXIS Backs Off.
What am I doing wrong?
Attachments
UCCNC Forum.odt
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 31 times
sidney7491

Postby ger21 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:31 pm

After you type the number in, hit the ENTER key before click Apply or Save Settings.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby sidney7491 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:13 am

Hi, Thank you.
That works, I tried it on the Demo mode.
I will try it on the machine when I get home. I am sure it will work there too.
Thanks again, you helped me out before on Mach 3, quite a few years ago.
Sidney
sidney7491

Return to Ask a question from support here