C94 + 300ETH No Stepper Movement

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

C94 + 300ETH No Stepper Movement

Postby Swartz99 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:11 am

I have the C94 board with 300ETH on it using CL57T drivers and Nema 23 3NM closed loop steppers.I can get my motors to hold torque and they feel like they want to change directions just feeling with my hand. Are the led lights supposed to be lit up for the Axes output on the control board? I have followed the instructions to a T on the board. I have tested inductance between all the A+,A-,B+, B- and that all seems to be fine. I set up the 4 motors initially but none worked. I turned off all but X axis to work on and set the driver setting to open loop for further testing. DIR+ is pin 2. PUL+ is pin 3. DIR- and PUL- to GND pin using a jumper on the driver end. PIN 2 is DIR and PIN 3 is STEP using Port 1 for both. Ive tried swapping these pins via UCCNC but not physically. CL57T is set for 4amp rating and 5v input for pul/dir using a 48V power supply to power the 4 drivers (currently only one powered with one motor hooked up). I dont have any microstepping set to further diagnose. Im just at a loss and confused and UCCNC is all new to me! Seems like a very powerful user friendly format even compared to my background of HAAS, Okuma, Fanuc, and Mazak CNC controllers at work. Is there any sort of voltage i can check on output side of the control board at pin 2/3/gnd to check what is happening. If anyone has some guidance, it would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to get the controls sorted out this weekend!
Swartz99

Re: C94 + 300ETH No Stepper Movement

Postby ger21 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:36 pm

Not familiar with the C94 board, but you can check voltage on the direction pin. Should be 0V when jogging one direction, and 5V when jogging in the other direction. If you go to the Diagnostic screen, you'll see the dir LED on screen change depending on direction.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Swartz99 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:39 pm

That’s one issue, I’m not seeing anything light up in the diagnostic screen for any of my axis. I do have it with only my X axis to troubleshoot but dang something is goofy!
If your port and pin settings are right, and the axis shows movement, then you should be seeing the dir pins light up.
When you use a UC300ETH, you normally need to use port 2 or port 3. I couldn't find a manual for the C94, but are you sure it's Port 1? Normally, UCCNC would not allow you to assign Port 1 Pin 2 to an output.
Swartz99

Postby dezsoe » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:23 pm

Google for "CNC4PC C94 manual pdf": the first result is the manual that you need.

What is the version of UCCNC? Can you upload your profile?
dezsoe

Postby Swartz99 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:19 am

Ive studied that manual inside and out. Something just doesnt make sense at least to me. There is one guy on youtube that uses a c94 board and all his leds come on for his axis and and the output monitor light as well. Step #7 confuses the heck out of me. I open the e stop with the schp disabled still is what i understand but then it shows a video motion picture of clicking reset in the software but I thought this was basically testing without the software. Now I have it configured to https://www.cnc4pc.com/blog/post/UCCNC- ... c76_or_c94 for the settings and still nothing. I dont understand. Is that green monitor light supposed to be on in normal working conditions?
Swartz99

Postby Tman1973 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:55 am

Hey Swartz,

I just went through an upgrade of my machine with the same C94, UC300ETH and UCCNC. I ran into a bit of trouble and had to work through a number of issues.

1) Before connecting to your computer, when you power up the board and clear the "E-Stop" then the green light in the middle of the board should light up.
If it doesn't you need to resolve this before moving forward.

2) With the C94/UC300ETH powered up run the "UCxxx_utility" and configure your PC to interface so you will be able to communicate with the UCCNC software.
You need to test the connection and confirm your "IP and netmask setting are OK" , " Connection OK!"
If it doesn't you need to resolve this before moving forward.

3) If you get past that then you need to load your UCCNC software, install your license in the program folder and the run the "UCCNC-C94-5XSD_V1" file supplied by CNC4PC.
If your PC is communicating with the UC300ETH you will have a blue orange and green light lit up at the network connection.

4) If you have done all of this correctly when you start your C94/UC300ETH and then your PC with the UCCNC software ensure your E-Stop is not pressed, push the "Reset" button on the PC screen and your green light on the C94 will be lit up.

If all of this isn't done correctly you won't have any function.

I'll try to upload a pic of my board powered up, I have 3 drives connected and 5 limit/homing switches to give you an idea.
Attachments
C94.jpg
Tman1973

Postby Swartz99 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:52 am

E stop functions and cycles the output status green light like mentioned when the schp is disabled. My license shows my name and everything in the help/about page on UCCNC and it is NOT running in demo mode. There is no output status green light otherwise with schp enabled. I’m confused and lost on what to do . Hoping Arturo has some time today to trouble shoot real time over the phone. Phone tag sucks for this type of stuff. Thank you for your help so far. Any ideas on what to do next? I’m not sure how the reset functions either. That would probably be in the uc300eth manual I’m guessing.
Swartz99

Return to Ask a question from support here