Homing Problems Using UC300ETH Controller

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Homing Problems Using UC300ETH Controller

Postby slon » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:00 am

Hello,
I have a problem with my motion controller and UCCNC Software.
I have a single-axis gantry moving a plate (that I built to troubleshoot this, as the main machine is massive).
I can't home it.
The plate seemingly ignores limit switches. When I hit it from the right -> left, it will hit the home switch correctly and stop, but if it comes from the left side, it will start moving right, skip the limit switch, and continue moving until it hits the edge of the track. What worked is that the limit switches are recognized by UCCNC as when I then try to return the piece into bounds, it trips the limit switch and stops all motion.
I have tried:
Switching the + - pin numbers in the config.
Changing direction to positive,
reinstalled UCCNC
changed computers
switched the network cable.
I also set the speed to extremely low and visibly saw the homing procedure ignore the limit switch. I also opened the diagnostic page and saw the PIN light up during homing, and it just ignored it.
Attached is the configuration screen for the X-Axis.
slon

Re: Homing Problems Using UC300ETH Controller

Postby ger21 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:11 pm

Does it only ignore the switch when homing?
If so, you have 3 different switches, and only one will work while homing. (Pin 11)
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby slon » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:18 pm

It does not ingnore the homing switch. When hitting home "X", the controller homes to the right. If it on the left of the switch it homes correctly. Otherwise it will go to the left past the limit switch and up until the wall.
slon

Postby ger21 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:21 pm

Limit switches are not active during the homing cycle. That's the way it's supposed to work. This allows you to have your homing switch behind your limit switches. The solution is to put your home switch at the end of the axis travel.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Return to Ask a question from support here