Ext. E-Stop triggered

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: Ext. E-Stop triggered

Postby Mudden » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:45 am

We have now tried with updated driver for the video card. It did not help.

We then changed the minimum allowed allocated video memory in BIOS. It was set to 32 MB, we increased to 512 MB.
However, the figures of avaliable memory for the video card in Windows 10 is very confusing, windows states serveral different values depending on where you look (device manager adapter settings, task manager Performance GPU Memory), ranging from 128MB to serveral GB avaliable video memory so I really can't tell how much video memory we actually have.

The BIOS setting 32MB --> 512MB seems to have made a difference. The error message "Ext. E-Stop Triggered" does not seem to appear as often. We will however need a weeks production to be certain. The equipment runs at about 8-16h / daily Mon-fri so there is a great chance we will see the error when it occurs.
Mudden

Postby Mudden » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:09 am

We have increased the integrated video memory in BIOS to 512MB, but unfortunantely we still get "Ext. E-Stop triggered" so that did not seem to help.
The next thing to try is a dedicated GPU instead of using the Intel HD Graphics integrated iGPU but other than that I don't know what to do to prevent theese reoccuring "Ext. E-Stop Triggered" alarms. We are starting to run out of ideas.
Mudden

Postby eabrust » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:25 am

Are any of the input LEDs on your AXBB on faintly?

Maybe instead of trying to use just the debounce, put a small capacitor across the pins of the input. Worked for me.

Eric

axbbe cap input.PNG
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby Mudden » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:59 pm

Hi Eabust and thank you for your help!
Since we get this error message sometimes while the equipment is idling we suspect the computers.
We have six systems running UCCNC and we notice all the computers that fails are of a similar type, and they all have version 1.2113
The three other systems is on three different computers but they however has version 1.2111, so besides installing a dedicated video card in one of the failing systems we will try to also downgrade the software on one of them to see if anything of that makes a difference.

However it's a good idéa you are suggesting, should we place the capacitor between the inputs? From 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4 ... etc.?

Do you have any ratings on the capacitor we should use? It kinda looks like 10µf?
Mudden

Postby Mudden » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:10 am

We have now tried with at separate GPU, a Quadro K2000 CAD-card, but unfortunantely we still got random "Ext. E-stop triggered" on the machine.
We will now try to downgrade UCCNC-version to 1.2111
Mudden

Postby cncdrive » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:22 pm

Did you try to disable all limit inputs and e-stop input in the UCCNC as I adviced before to see if it is really an e-stop or limit input which triggers the reset?
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Mudden » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:35 am

We have disabled the E-stop input, we never use it, we have the E-stop signal connected directly to the contactors from our e-stop relays that breaks the motor current

We have not disabled the limit switches. The switches is of inductive type.

We have a total of 6 systems running UCCNC.
4 of theese systems have the same hardware components when it comes to motors and limit switches and drivers.

They where setup as this:
Two of them version 1.2113 Theese fail
Two of them version 1.2111 Theese work.
That's why wer'e currently testing the version difference.

Now we have tried to downgrade one of the ones that fail to version 1.2111, to see if it works.

However, we can try to disable the limit inputs on the ones that fail if they continue to fail during the version test.
We have the debounce-setting to about 250ms on the ones that fail.
The machines that fails does that efter some time, they can be up an running perfectly, or just idling, for hours. Then suddently they fail with Ext. E-Stop Triggered.

As I wrote earlier, we can manually trigger the alarm by overloading the computers by creating a dump file on the UCCNC-process, so that's why we dont believe it's
a signal on any of the I/O's that triggers it.
Mudden

Postby Mudden » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:12 am

In response to my previous post.
Unfortunantely the version downgrade wasn't it. We still get Ext. E-Stop Triggered after some hours. Since there is no production due to christmas / yule holidays the machines is unused for some days.

Now the machines has been standing just with power on since yesterday evening. No other device sending signals. No movement. Just standing still for some hours. This morning, all of a sudden, "Ext. E-Stop Triggered" on both machines.
Mudden

Postby CT63 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:32 pm

Have you ruled out the possibility of a random static discharge?
CT63

Postby valhallaCNC » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:06 pm

I had random errors occur. I fooled with a lot of sofware , drivers, video to try and isolate it. Took me awhile to track it down, I lost my building ground. I was only checking back to the service panel ground bus bar. Once repaired everything went back to normal. Just a thought to point you in a different direction .
valhallaCNC

PreviousNext

Return to Ask a question from support here