Spindle Setup Problems

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Spindle Setup Problems

Postby SandyM » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:16 am

I've recently upgraded from a secondhand Stepcraft D420 to a secondhand Stepcraft D840 and trying to get everything setup on the new machine. One of those things is the Stepcraft SE-2300 switch unit for my Kress spindle to turn it on/off automatically when a job starts/finishes. Everything was working well on the D420 but I think I've messed up the settings on UCCNC for the D840.

When I set the same pin in UCCNC and with the jumper on the SE-2300 I can hear the relay click on but the spindle doesn't power up.

I've just discovered that UCCNC does power up the spindle when in the Spindle Settings -> PWM Spindle -> PWM Pin I tick 'Active Low' and click apply the spindle starts and when I disable it and click apply it stops.

Help! How can I set UCCNC to start the spindle automatically when I start a job and turn it off when the job finishes?
SandyM

Re: Spindle Setup Problems

Postby cncdrive » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:19 am

It depends on your controller.
Usually spindle need a PWM or analog signal as speed reference signal and a digital start signal.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby SandyM » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:08 pm

For anyone who finds this the problem was the PWM min duty % - this needs to be set to 100%. Problem now solved.
SandyM

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:38 pm

This is probably because the signal got out inverted or your controller requires an inverted signal.
You could invert the pin polarity with it's active low setting.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Ask a question from support here