newbee extreme

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

newbee extreme

Postby jak » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:36 pm

hi My name is Jak i dont know if im smart enough to be on here or not but im running out of hope. I bought a homemade machine that was 27 x 42 it ran fine but i needed it to be bigger so i made a 52 x 100 bed for it changed it all over and i cant get it to work and im totally lost at trying to program this thing. i have the uccnc book but its so far over my head im lost. Is there any help here.
jak

Re: newbee extreme

Postby jak » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:50 pm

Well since 118 people have read my post and no one has answered. I think I may need to be more specific. I built a 65 x 112 inch table so i would have a cutting surface large enough to handle a full sheet of plywood. I used the parts off of a 27 x 42 machine that i had bought. This machine runs uccnc software and it ran fine. when i made the gantry larger i put all of the servos back into there original places. I can move gantry from end to end and back and forth with no problems, manually, but i cant figure how to set the new home and soft stop limits. nothing ive tried has worked and the book is no help to me its totally over my head right now. Is there anyone who could tell me how to set the all home and the soft limits so i can start working with this machine. Thanks Jak.
jak

Postby ger21 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:31 am

Does the machine have home switches? Home switches define the home position, and are required for softlimits.

You also need to be more specific than "nothing has worked". You need to tell us exactly what you are doing, and explain what it is not doing that you are expecting it to do.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby jak » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:47 pm

Gerry if by home switches you mean the limit switches yes i have them. On the original machine when i hit home all router would return to bottom left corner as viewed from above. now when i hit home all it goes to top left and i dont have a limit switch for that position and it will just crash into side of gantry thats where i need to set a distance for it to stop without crashing. i thought that was what a soft limit was. also on the end of the 100 inch run there is no limit switch so again i thought i could set a limit as to how far it would travel. Am i wrong about this. Thanks Jak
jak

Postby ger21 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:02 pm

On the Axes Setup page, the Dir Positive checkbox will reverse the homing direction.
If you don't have a switch in a certain position, either reverse the homing, or disable the home switch by deleting it's port and pin numbers.
Softlimits reference from your home switches, so you can't use them if you don't have home switches.
Gerry
ger21

Postby dezsoe » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:49 am

Also check if the limit switches are active when the axes are not on the limit: maybe you have to invert the sensor inputs (home / limit pin, active low settings).
dezsoe

Postby jak » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:54 pm

Ok so I've been working on this machine all day i have the mechanics running smoothly now. The vacuum system is in place, what i need to know now is how to set the machine coordinates to be on zero where i put the limit switches for home position, no matter what I've done the machine keeps wanting to go farther than my limit switch and i think its because the machine coordinates show there's table left to be used. Does this make any sense. A phone call would work better for me my number is 706 599 1025. Thanks for any answer.
jak

Postby jak » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:05 pm

Well so much for that story whils trying to get it to run a program the y servo decided to take a dump so i have another on order will let u know when it get it on.
jak

Postby ger21 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:35 am

what i need to know now is how to set the machine coordinates to be on zero where i put the limit switches for home position, no matter what I've done the machine keeps wanting to go farther than my limit switch and i think its because the machine coordinates show there's table left to be used.

Do you have the limit switches configured as home switches?
If you go to the diagnostic page, and you trigger the switches, do the Home LED's light up?
If not, it won't home properly.
WHen you home the machine, it should travel to the switches, activate them, and then back off, and set machine coordinates to 0.
If it's traveling past our switches, the switches aren't working.
Gerry
ger21

Postby jak » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:22 pm

I guess what I'm saying is I don't know how to configure the switches as home switches. this is what I need help with. Then configuring the soft limits from there. I wish I wasn't so dumb with all of this but I am. sorry. Jak
jak

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here