UC300ETH_HI

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

UC300ETH_HI

Postby CornBrown » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:00 am

I have a cnc4pc c94 w/ UC300ETH. Before UCCNC starts up it shows TWO of these: UC300ETH_HI (with my serial number) I've also seen that same name with UC300ETH_STEP. I'm not sure if that's part of the problem or if there's a firmware issue or something else.

My main problem though is that I can't change axis setting to what they need to be. I have the correct pins and ports selected based on the instructions from cnc4pc, and I've double checked to make sure the port number is correct on the board itself. I'm aware of UCCNC not allowing incorrect pins and ports to be used and that it won't save if they are so I'm wondering if maybe my board is being incorrectly recognized as a different type of board?
CornBrown

Re: UC300ETH_HI

Postby dezsoe » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:11 pm

Try to reseat the UC300ETH core board. On the C94 there is a resistor which identifies the board and maybe, you have some contact problem. You should see the C94 as an M45.
dezsoe

Re: UC300ETH_HI

Postby CornBrown » Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:01 am

To all interested - I figured it out thanks to dezsoe's info. There were some smd caps and resistors under the UC300eth board that were broken upon arrival and I had to re-solder new ones on there. Those broken parts were the voltage divider circuit connected to the carrier/motherboard's ID circuitry that tells UCCNC which board you're using.
CornBrown

Return to Ask a question from support here