New machine build, problems with setup

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

New machine build, problems with setup

Postby retrosmith » Thu May 11, 2023 7:33 pm

I got my new CNC router finished and I'm in the process of setting up the machine in UCCNC.

My controller is the AXBB-E, and I was able to get to connect to the PC directly without issue. The problems I'm having now are:

None of the axes are moving - no sound or sign of movement at all when attempting to jog, though the software shows the correct movement.

When setting up the Axes I put in the info the the limit - switches (port and pin) but the software doesn't save it, switching those settings back to 0 0 as soon as I hit Activate or Save Settings.

In the Diagnostics screen on the I/O Monitor panel, there are five lights illuminated in green on Port 3 - pins I10, I11, I12, I13 and I15. I have nothing connected to Port 3 at all.

On the same screen, Port 1 Pin O15 is illuminated in red. I am using that pin for the Step signal for the Z axis.

Also, Port 2 pins 14 and 16 are lit in green (same on the controller) - those are limit switch input pins for X and Z. The Y limit switch is in Port 2 pin 15 but that spot isn't lit on the controller or in the software.

Pic of the controller in its on state a few screenshots taken during setup and a basic wiring diagram to show how I have this thing connected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Controller.png

SS1.png

SS2.png

SS5.png

Diag 1.png

Diag 2.png
retrosmith

Re: New machine build, problems with setup

Postby betelgueze » Thu May 11, 2023 9:02 pm

Its not port 14 and 16. Its port I 4 and I 6. Like, in 4 and in 6. That might be the problem.
betelgueze

Postby retrosmith » Thu May 11, 2023 11:22 pm

I'm confused - how could that be the problem?

The only things in those ports are limit switches, a probe and a button I plan to link to he Feed Hold function if I'm ever able to get the controller working correctly.

Those are all inputs, and should be in the ports they're in, correct?
retrosmith

Postby eabrust » Fri May 12, 2023 12:47 am

Do you have the step - and dir - connected to 24v0, or 5v0? Your schematic shows 24v0, but should be 5v0.

Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby retrosmith » Fri May 12, 2023 1:10 am

You're absolutely right - my schematic is wrong, they are connected to 5V. 24V is connected to the controller and to the input pins with limit switches and the probe.
retrosmith

Postby mickecarlsson » Fri May 12, 2023 7:05 am

When you enter values in the setup, you must press Enter after each entered value, as Enter tells UCCNC to save the value in the field. Then you click Activate & save
mickecarlsson

Postby betelgueze » Fri May 12, 2023 7:43 am

About Port 3. I checked on my diagnostics screen, and those leds are green for me too. And I does not use port 3.
I dont know what type of drive you have, but I have the 5+ from port 1 (Non isolated outputs) connected to the drives also.
betelgueze

Postby ger21 » Fri May 12, 2023 11:40 am

Don't worry about green LED's if you are not using the inputs. That's just their default state, and is not a problem.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby retrosmith » Fri May 12, 2023 3:13 pm

mickecarlsson wrote:When you enter values in the setup, you must press Enter after each entered value, as Enter tells UCCNC to save the value in the field. Then you click Activate & save

That may be the issue with the limit switch values not staying, thanks! I'll try that.

betelgueze wrote:About Port 3. I checked on my diagnostics screen, and those leds are green for me too. And I does not use port 3.
I dont know what type of drive you have, but I have the 5+ from port 1 (Non isolated outputs) connected to the drives also.

ger21 wrote:Don't worry about green LED's if you are not using the inputs. That's just their default state, and is not a problem.

Good to know, I'll mark that off the problem list.

With those handled, my only issue is the single red light on the diagnostic screen and the fact that the thing won't move. :(
retrosmith

Postby ger21 » Fri May 12, 2023 3:45 pm

That may be the issue with the limit switch values not staying, thanks! I'll try that.

It sounds like you are using either assigning the wrong port or pin numbers. If you enter an invalid port number, or a pin number for an output, then you'll see what you are seeing.
As for no movement, I'd check the wiring on your drives.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here