New machine build, problems with setup

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: New machine build, problems with setup

Postby retrosmith » Fri May 12, 2023 11:16 pm

Thanks to anyone who tried to help.

I bought this controller and the software license for the extra capabilities it offers. I'm familiar with it because I built a machine previously with this same controller without issue.

This is the sixth sixth CNC router I've built. I've used PlanetCNC's hardware and software, the Buildbotics controller and a few different kinds of Arduino-based controllers. I'm not new to the DIY CNC game.

I've realized that in the time I've spent troubleshooting this problem I could have stuck an Arduino on the machine and been cutting already.

Consider this problem solved.

This controller will be on Ebay tomorrow.
retrosmith

Postby eabrust » Sat May 13, 2023 2:51 am

I get that you're frustrated and ready to give up, but the chance of it being the AXBBe is root cause you can't jog an axis is likely very small, since you're doing a new build there are many possibilities from wiring to software setup.... just take a step back and give it all another look over. Its easy to miss something that should be obvious when frustrated.

Before you throw in the towel:

Do your motor drives require an enable input (unless it is turned off by a dip switch or jumper wire)?

Have you tried flipping 'active low' on for the step signals?

regards
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby ger21 » Sat May 13, 2023 1:08 pm

This is the sixth sixth CNC router I've built. I've used PlanetCNC's hardware and software, the Buildbotics controller and a few different kinds of Arduino-based controllers. I'm not new to the DIY CNC game.

No offense, but whenever I see a comment like this, it's always something the user is doing wrong.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here