AxBB-E License will not load

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

AxBB-E License will not load

Postby Kenennis » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:39 pm

After having some difficulty with downloading Vr 2.113 to a win 11 computer i am now having trouble with getting the program to recognise the License for my Axbb _E motion controller. I have run the utility UCxxx V1.8 and the blue light on the controller flashes momentarily and it finds the controller with the correct serial no..When the test is preformed it returns with reply that the settings are OK so I save the settings and exit. The license ( which works on another PC) is copied and pasted as per instructions and appears as UCCNClicense_XXXXXX.txt. Although it a while ago I think this the same thing I did on my other PC which runs on win 7 and it worked fine. I would greatly appreciate some help and advise as to how I can resolve this matter.
Kenennis

Re: AxBB-E License will not load

Postby dezsoe » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:10 pm

What do you get exactly when you start UCCNC?
dezsoe

Postby Dazp1976 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:11 pm

Go back to the win7 pc if it still works.
Win10/11 are whack?. Afaic anyway.
Dazp1976

Postby dezsoe » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:56 am

There's no problem with Win 10/11. I use them both daily without any trouble.

Remember, when Win 7 was released everybody said to go back to XP, that is the only way! And when XP was released then you had to go back to NT4 as the only good solution... :)
dezsoe

Postby Kenennis » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:54 pm

Sometimes when the software is started I get a list of various controllers all marked as demo and on continuing the software loads in demo mode, it does this when the list is not presented as well. I have spent most of the day trying to work out what is wrong and I am coming to the conclusion it has something to do with the settings associated with my ether-net connection which is via a router or a switch as I think our American friends call it. When I set it all up as per the detailed UCCNC instructions for the AXBB and ping 10.10.10.11 the connection comes pack as 0% fail in other words there is a connection. However when I Ping AXBB-serial no as per the instructions it comes back with a message that it is not there. AS already advised when I run the uccnc utility it immediately finds the motion controller and advises that the connection is fine. When I switch the Win 11 PC off and start the Win 7 machine which is connected to the same router/switch and set to the exact same settings the 2.113 as it starts, the blue LED comes on and the software loads the licensed mode. I fully appreciate that the software works on win 11 I am for the moment unable to get it to work on my Win 11 PC any advise or words of wisdom on things I need to check to ensure that the ether-net connection is correctly set up would be appreciated
Kenennis

Postby cncdrive » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:45 pm

The AXBB-E is a network device and the UCCNC uses the standard Windows API for the network communication, so it works the same on Windows 7 and 11., it basically should not matter at all if you using XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or 11. Windows.

When starting the software you not receiving a "No valid license key found" warning message?
If you not receiving that then it is not a license key issue, but for some reason the UCCNC does not see your AXBB-E.
If the Utility tool sees it then it is somekind of IP setting problem.
The computer network card IP has to be set to 10.10.10.10 with a network mask of 255.255.255.0 and the IP of the AXBB-E has to be set to 10.10.10.11. which is the default value BTW.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Kenennis » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:08 am

You have confirmed my thoughts about what the problem is. I have set all the settings exactly as you describe and since it all works with the win 7 it must be some setting in win 11 that I need to either switch on or off or place a tick in a box. As my experience with win 11 i is very very limited could someone give me step by step instructions how to setup the network that will enable the software to talk to the AXBB help that will be greatly appreciated
Kenennis

Postby dezsoe » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:28 am

You can get to the exact same settings in Win 11. Press Start, type control to open control panel, select network and sharing center, select adapter settings on the left.

Also, make sure that the Win 11 computer is not using the wifi to connect to your network. Only wired Ethernet will work.
dezsoe

Postby fsli » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:22 pm

From the Windows 11 PC, please post a screen shot of the UCCNC utility window, after you've scanned and selected the AXBB. This screen (I have a UC300ETH):
UtilityWindow.jpg

... and the list of network adapters from the Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center. This screen:
NetworkAdapters.jpg

... and the IPv4 network parameters. If you have more than one network adapter (as I do) then please select the adapter which is connected to the network switch that connects to the AXBB. The sequence is to select the network adapter from the screen above, then left-to-right on these three screens, click Properties, then select/highlight Internet Protocol Version 4, then click Properties. I only need the last of these three screens:
NetworkProperties.jpg

Do you also connect to the Internet using the network adapter that connects to the AXBB?

Note: The AXBB manual shows DHCP Enable selected on the utility screen as well as the 10.10.10.x network with a specific gateway. If you're connecting to the Internet from the same adapter, it's unlikely you would get an IP address in the 10.10.10.x subnet from your Internet router. Nor would you get a gateway address which is the same as the Windows 11 PC. So, the manual is inconsistent (I'd say it's wrong too, but I don't want to offend anyone). ;)
Frank
fsli

Postby dezsoe » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:11 pm

Hi Frank,

There's no problem with the manual, see this thread about using both fixed IP and DHCP. I use this method since many years (the post is more than 5 years old) without any problem.
dezsoe

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here