Can't get any movement

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: Can't get any movement

Postby Ronald4418 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:36 am

Where I am at right now after connecting my computer and UC100 Pendant to my Gecko G50 is as follows.
Before I connect the UC100 Pendant I have a Green Light on the G540 until I reset my Estop.
I have my axis setup as follows X-axis Step 2, Dir 3; Y-axis Step 4, Dir 5; Z-axis Step 6, Dir 7 and A-axis Step 8, Dir 9 Slaved to the X axis and these are all on Port 1.
Soft Limits are disabled.'
On the Diagnostic Page I have a Red Signal in I/O Monitor on 3,7,9 and Idle.

Regardless as to whether or not I'm using UCCNC or Mach 3, I can get Zero Movement.

At this point I have a $6000.00 Boat Anchor.
Ronald4418

Re: Can't get any movement

Postby cncdrive » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:02 am

OK, so if I understand you correctly after disabling the softlimits you do not get any more error messages
and on the UC100 controller the blue LED and green LEDs are on when you running the UCCNC software.
When you for example jog with the jog keys the position DROs are counting, correct?
But you do not get any movement at all?

If the above are all correct, then your UC100 is up and running and working OK, so from this point it must be settings problem or your G540 may be faulty.
So, the question is if you setup every signals correctly you need for the G540 to work?
I'm unfortunately not too familiar with that drive, but my guesses are that it may require an enable signal or charge pump signal to enable the controller/to move the motors and maybe that/those are missing.
If the above things are all correct then I think that the best option for you is to contact Geckodrives or ask somebody who has the settings and using the same drive to see if you missing any settings which is required for the drive to work.
Another idea is to verify the step signals on the UC100 output pins when you jog with an oscilloscope if they exist,
if they exist then you can be sure that your UC100 is generating the signals and then you need to check what settings are missing for the G540 to work or if it has a fault or something,
because if the step signal pulse train is there on the step pins then the motors must move if the drive is working properly, except if the drive is for some reason disabled or if it has somekind of problem.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here