AXXB-E some outputs not working

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

AXXB-E some outputs not working

Postby aebn » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:54 am

Hello together,

a couple of days ago my AXXB-E Board and UCCNC licence arrived. I started the installation and hardware setup and sadly run into trouble.

Description:
I planned to use output 16 on port 1 for the A axis direction and output 17 for a laser module. During the first run of the machine, the A axis moves only in one direction, and I start to check all the connections. Since everything seems to be correct, I’ve measured the port with a multimeter and noticed that the level is always ~5V. I’ve assigned the Pin to M10.1/M11.1 command and the state changes also in the “Diag” view, but the multimeter shows always ~5V. Then I used the output 1 on Port 3 (Extension Output) and everything worked fine and the state changes. During the testes I also noticed that the output 17 on port 1 is always shown as “red/HIGH”. I’ve start also controlling this pin manually (assign to laser, M3, and M10 Q200 / M11) but this output never changes to “low / gray” in the Diag view. Measuring the port with the multimeter shows always near 0V and therefore the opposite behaviour of output 16. To validate my command from a software perspective, I’ve assigned output 2 port 3 to the laser and everything worked as expected.

Questions:
1. Are there known issues with these outputs or are there any proposals to fix the issue?
a. Could it be a software/configuration issue or is the HW damaged?
2. If it’s a hardware fault, are there any disadvantages in using Port 3 Pins for the laser PWM and DIR pin without further extension port?

Regards
aebn

Re: AXXB-E some outputs not working

Postby cncdrive » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:27 pm

On the AXBB-E all I/Os are freely configurable. There is no known issue what you described.
We test all I/Os on all AXBB-E controllers in the end of the manufacturing process, we using automatic tester boards which connect to all I/Os of the AXBB-E and testing all I/Os.
So, if the device is new then it is basically impossible that any of the I/Os is not working.

Yes, it can be configuration problem. You might have more than one function configured to the same pin and then the multiple functions overriding/interfering eachother. So, check and make sure to have only one function configured to the output pin you want to use.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby aebn » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:31 am

Thanks for your response. I can't find any double configured functionality- maybe I should make another test with a new UCCNC installation. Just for interest: Are the O16 and O17 shareing internal peripheral components or are they somehow linked together?

Since my CNC only uses 4 Axis, the input and outputs on Port 3 are replacing currently the non-working IO's in my configuration. Is there any disadvantage in using Port 3 Input/Outputs for the Laser PWM and direction signal? I’m asking because e.g. the "UCSB single port breakout board" has a lot of peripheral components on it.
aebn

Postby RRocadas » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:09 pm

hi Aebn

I know this post is with 2 years, but i wrote this just to report almost same issue, i have my axxb-e for almost 2 years and always work fine.
Sudently y axis stoped working and i check O14 and O15 on port 1, it was always with 5v, so diferent with the other outputs for z and x that only turn 5v when joging for one side.
So i was forced to swap to 2 diferent pins.

I notice that because i also want to use axis A as a rotary axis and know i will need to add port 3 unless i buy another one to replace this.
So here i confirm that somehow i have 2 pins broken.
thank you
RRocadas

Return to Ask a question from support here