UCCNC crashing

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

UCCNC crashing

Postby charliem » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:21 pm

Hello everyone,

I am running UCCNC on windows 7 pro. It was a clean install no other programs installed. I keep UCCNC open.About every few days I get a error message that says UCCNC has stopped working. Is anyone else having this issue? How Can I trouble shoot this?
Regards
Charlie M
charliem

Re: UCCNC crashing

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:38 pm

Do you get any Exception popup messages from the .NET framework when that happens?
If yes there is somekind of problem with a code in the UCCNC or in a plugin.
And then please open the message text and copy it here for me.

If there is no message at all, just the usual Windows application crashed message then the issue is not with the UCCNC, otherwise you would see an exception message.
In that case it will be hard to tell you what the problem is, because it can be a problem with basicly anything, a windows software module problem, e.g. a .NET framework or the C++ resdistributable package corruption or any other Windows problems, a hardware problem, it is then hard to impossible to find that out and probably reinstalling Windows will be what will help.

And we've not heart about this kind of issue, but if anybody has anything similar then please let us know with posting the details...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby charliem » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:49 am

Hi ,

No I don't get any exception messages. just a normal windows message. Thanks for the reply.
Regards
Charlie M
charliem

Postby CT63 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Turn off windows automatic updates if it's turned on. Automatic updates eats up allot of cpu resources running pro 7 when it goes looking for updates. It's even worse on a windows 10. I've experienced hanging the pc If it's not connected to the internet.
CT63

Postby charliem » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:10 pm

Thanks for the tip. I will turn off windows updates.
Regards
Charlie M
charliem

Return to Ask a question from support here