Stepper motor direction

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Stepper motor direction

Postby martin54 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:52 am

OK this is a general question not specific to UCCNC but I am hoping someone can help.
I have one machine using UCCNC which works fine with no problems what so ever.

I am now trying to set up an old Triac PC using a UC400 ETH, UCCNC with the 2017 screenset & a computer running windows 7 pro.
I have the motors connected & all 3 axis have the same problem. If I press the axis button for the negative direction the axis will move, sometimes negative, sometimes positive seems to be completely random, if I press the axis plus button the dro will change but the motor doesn't move.
I am thinking that I somehow have the wiring wrong where the A+, A-, B+ & B- connect to the drivers but not sure how to figure out how to change it. The motors are old & I couldn't determine what colour was what. I still have the original control box although it is not being used. The connections in that for the motors was something like A1, A2, B1, B2 so from that I took A1 & A2 to be step plus & minus & B1 & B2 to be direction plus & minus.

Any help or a pointer in the right direction would help please.
martin54

Re: Stepper motor direction

Postby Robertspark » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:06 pm

I don't have a triac, but I do have an orac lathe and the stepper motors are 6 wire steppers
Robertspark

Re: Stepper motor direction

Postby martin54 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:32 pm

These are 4 wire motors, Red, red/white, black & white
martin54

Return to Ask a question from support here