Error installing UCCNC 1.2112

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Error installing UCCNC 1.2112

Postby andrewwong2000 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:33 pm

Hi,

Am trying to install 1.2112 into a clean folder ( moved my working 1.2111 ).

So it's a clean install.

If I do demo mode, or select UC300-ETH without a license key, UCCNC loads fine.

If I install the licence key, it tries to update the firmware, then it says firmware done.
Immediately it will say "Lost contact with the controller " and I am forced to exit.

Is there a workaround or solution to this ?

Thanks,

Andrew
andrewwong2000

Re: Error installing UCCNC 1.2112

Postby dezsoe » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:51 pm

Hi Andrew,

Sometimes it happens when updating firmware, but if you restart UCCNC then it will connect.
dezsoe

Postby andrewwong2000 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:07 pm

Thanks ,

After restarting UCCNC, it then tries to do the firmware install again.. same error.. then exits..
andrewwong2000

Postby andrewwong2000 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:11 am

Hi,

Now I'm trying to revert to 1.2111 and its doing the same thing as with 1.2112... tries to refirmware the controller, says done then loses connection and you are forced to exit.
Repeats every time I try to load UCCNC...

Never had a network problem with the UCETH-300 ever, so I'm not sure the network layer is the issue

Is it normal when you use the UCETH scanner util to see 4 instances of a single board, and to see 2 instances of my licensed board when I load UCCNC ?

There's only one network interface and no VLAN etc. simple 192.168.8.0/24 network

After the UCCNC exits, I still have a UCCNC .exe in my process list (taskmgr) which stays there and doesn't exit. Every time I retry running uCCNC
another instance of it adds to the list.
andrewwong2000

Postby andrewwong2000 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:06 am

Please delete this thread.. I figured it out.. the UCETH300 just is like the Neuron CNC Lite.. it is happiest only when plugged into a computer direct.
andrewwong2000

Postby A_Camera » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:23 am

andrewwong2000 wrote:Please delete this thread.. I figured it out.. the UCETH300 just is like the Neuron CNC Lite.. it is happiest only when plugged into a computer direct.

Please DON'T delete the thread. I have the same issue.
A_Camera

Postby A_Camera » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:41 am

andrewwong2000 wrote:Hi,

Am trying to install 1.2112 into a clean folder ( moved my working 1.2111 ).

So it's a clean install.

If I do demo mode, or select UC300-ETH without a license key, UCCNC loads fine.

If I install the licence key, it tries to update the firmware, then it says firmware done.
Immediately it will say "Lost contact with the controller " and I am forced to exit.

Is there a workaround or solution to this ?

Thanks,

Andrew

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Here is the short story:

I had a computer motherboard crash and had to buy a new PC. Bought a new HP EliteDesk 800 G5 with an Intel i7 8-core 9th generation CPU with Windows 10 Pro and all drivers updated. The new PC is of course much faster and better than the old Dell I had. It has M2 SSD disk as main and I did a clean install of the latest UCCNC and experienced the same problem. Installation goes well, UCCNC works in demo mode, but as soon as I have the license active and the UC300ETH is active the software crashes with the above erroro. Did several clean-ups and new installations but nothing worked. I had to revert back to my old 1.2049 which works without any problems. Everything else is the same as before, no change in the way the UC300ETH is connected, using the same IP address, connected to the same switch, so I am a bit puzzled and not happy about it, but at least 1.2049 is working fine.

My last efforts were a new clean installation and manually configuring everything, but have had no time to start up and test again. Maybe I'll do it today, but I don't keep my hopes high... :( Something definitely seems wrong in the latest official release.
A_Camera

Postby dezsoe » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:57 am

That's really strange. As you might know, I have more than 50 versions of UCCNC installed. I frequently use different versions to test problems and it changes the firmware if needed. About 1 of 30 firmware update it fails to reconnect, but restarting UCCNC always helps. Normally I connect the motion controllers via switch and my router provides DHCP.

Last week I was at a customer who has 2 UC400ETHs and he used 1.2047 before and now upgraded to 1.2112. Both UC400ETH has fixed IP and direct connection to the PC and both lost the connection after firmware update, but both worked OK after restart and are still working.

How is your motion controller and PC network set up?
dezsoe

Postby shad » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:27 pm

We have some time same problem.
The problem is with the configuration of the network environment.
1. Turn off DHCP in the configuration utility.
if not help:
2. connect UC controller directly to the Ethernet port on the CNC PC motherboard and start UCCNC.
if not help:
3. Check - in Task Manager - some time UCCNC is not closed properly and halting in the tasks. Close halted UCCNC task.
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
http://neuroncnc.com/
shad

Postby A_Camera » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:54 pm

Thank you Csaba for the quick reply.

The new PC has simply replaced the old one. Nothing is new in that part of the network except the PC. The PC is plugged into a gigabit switch, about a half meter from the PC, UCCNC is plugged into the same switch, as well as the Modbus interface, an ETH to RS485 converter (USR-TCP232-410S). Everything is as before, except the PC and the UCCNC version. When I start the latest UCCNC it will start the firmware update (this is normal) and then it reports that it is ready, after that it reports lost connection. This was consistent every time I tried. By starting UCCNC 1.2049 (not a clean install, just a copy from the old installation) everything is fine. I also have a HP laptop and that connects to the UC300ETH just fine also. Have not tried a clean installation of UCCNC 1.2112 on that laptop yet, so I don't know if that would work or not.

There are two things new in my home network, one is that I have a new car connected to my EV wall box and that box is connected to my LAN, but the box have been in use for a year now, charging my other car. The second new thing is an inverter which produces electricity from my solar panels. That inverter is also connected to my LAN since the 3rd of January only, so that is brand new. These things are using WIFI but I doubt they can be causing a problem for the latest UCCNC version, but not the older one.

Regarding 50 versions of UCCNC... I'd welcome some sort of version history of the official releases in some document, what's changed between releases and what is the release date. I haven't done any update since 1.2049, and also have no idea when 1.2112 was released. As far as I can see, no dates or history is listed anywhere in the manual or on the download page. The fact that the latest version is not working for me is no big deal, as long as there is no serious error in 1.2049 which was corrected in later versions, but I don't know how to check that.
A_Camera

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here