Crashing on Windows 10 - Profiler Found

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Crashing on Windows 10 - Profiler Found

Postby drobertson123 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:11 pm

I am attempting to run UCCNC on Windows 10 but it instantly crashes every time.

I have carefully gone through all the setup procedures and looked all over the internet for suggested solutions with no luck.

When I click on the icon to start the program it gives me an error in the Event Viewer;

Application: UCCNC.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The application requested process termination through System.Environment.FailFast(string message).
Stack:
at System.Environment.FailFast(System.String)
at 㫰틓ᭉ硧哔.䁞ꂪ쭻⌊㑘ᘪ()
at ŽW®”Ä¿Oå(¼ü/£Ö
QôӔ`‰ÿBcTâ†.úû›r5—È)yxYRy}ýήù Îk|ajž<_ú”1 €L\\
w7‡éÛߕˆ_Kz£0"ˆ5\]~ì~—¾Haü±q£é¿}‚vQ¿§×švp^Ã'­ùJô QõQ’}˜×í¨‘ä² äξECã ¥»ñžîJõˆžÊt0ÿüAÿ¬Î€‡¨¾½±Bß:±\&1ä¬×Œù颳öó>oåÑ}7C6R2á<N™MÿœR$´ ‰”Ž€M \]
¼ÎnïÞTÅY¬š¨Zðpó’­É"\,-6ˆƒ²“«‘ʪ^ GÃ^Züjo}à:ŒÝ-Ê`ó«A§NA§…ï–W‘P¬ÏNn\&Á¾¹%M÷"¶îᦞhœxù¼²vـçÉ«5þŒ€ú„…€î(¸J…Ï¢ïyoïõײ0»¯è>Ñ\\¢Á$)

The gibberish continues for a long way after this.

I am a programmer and I do have program profiling tools on my computer. Profiling tools are critical to helping me track down errors, memory leaks and performance issues. They are not profiling UCCNC in any way that I know of. I even took the time to make sure I didn't have a memory or process profiler running for some reason. I actually chose UCCNC because it was written in .NET and I could write plugins to expand it in C# which I program in regularly.

Why am I getting this error and how do I fix it? I have a project that is going to use UCCNC but at this point, I am dead in the water.

Thanks for the help.
drobertson123

Re: Crashing on Windows 10 - Profiler Found

Postby cncdrive » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:11 pm

You can't profile the UCCNC, because it has anti crack protection.
There are no memory problems and no memory leaks with the UCCNC and the EULA of the software describes that by buying and installing the software you are still not allowed to disassemble the software, quote from the EULA:

2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, Disassembly and change (add,delete or modify) the resources in the compiled the assembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby drobertson123 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:35 pm

I am not profiling UCCNC. I tried to make that clear. I have no interest in violating any terms of the agreement. I want to use this under a fully valid paid for license.

I have gone through lots of effort to make sure that no profilers are paying any attention to UCCNC at all. The issue seems to be that whatever you are using to detect a profiler gets triggered just by having a profiler on my machine. Since I do a lot of programming and have fully licensed and useful profilers on my machine for completely legitimate purposes (not hacking or stealing anything) is there anything I can do to purchase a legitimate license for UCCNC and use it on this machine?
drobertson123

Postby cncdrive » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:37 pm

If a profiler tries to attach to the software then it will fail to run to protect from possible cracking/hacking.
You can't do anything about that other than do not attach a profiler to it.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Ask a question from support here