Communication error UC-300ETH

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Communication error UC-300ETH

Postby Derek » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:47 pm

Hi
Installing a UC300ETH replacing a UC100. When it starts properly the blue lite flashes once pauses and then comes right on again and it completes the startup. Every so often I get this error message:

IMG_2520.JPG

After observing the UC300 a few times the blue lite flashes once and then never comes on again. Usually restarting UCCNC fixes it but any kind of com error gives me pause.

Intel PCI NIC. Does the same thing with different network cables. The odd thing is it says it can't connect to the UC100 which is no longer installed.

Thanks
Derek
Derek

Re: Communication error UC-300ETH

Postby cncdrive » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:49 am

The first blue flash is when the UCCNC explores the device with sending it a packet that it wants to communicate/connect etc.
If the communication failure happens on software startup can be due to if the computer or it's hardware or software components are not up to the task or there can be an IP conflict.
Which can be due to:

1.) Unoptimal video card drivers. Which could overload the computer.
2.) Unoptimal/bad network card drivers.
3.) The PC just not powerful enough and so the UCCNC can't communicate fast enough.

My advice is to try to update your video card drivers and also the network card drivers.
Also check your network connections to see if there is any IP conflict which could make unwanted packets to go to the UC300ETH overloading the network.

If you can sometimes start up the UCCNC without communication loss then check the Statistics page to see the communication latency, that could give an idea, you could see if there are communication latency issues, if the graph goes to the top (20 msec) is a problem.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: Communication error UC-300ETH

Postby Derek » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:32 pm

Updated graphics card driver. NIC driver was the latest. The NIC for the UC300 is on a 10. based ip address and the rest of the network including the computer to LAN is 192.168.

When it does start statistics is never above halfway so 10ms or so?

Had it on but not running most of the day and it never dropped connection. It only happens during startup.

I'm going to keep running it like it is and see if it starts dropping the com.
Derek

Return to Ask a question from support here