AXBB-E will not comunicate with UCxxx Utility or UCCNC

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: AXBB-E will not comunicate with UCxxx Utility or UCCNC

Postby rossco » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:26 am

thanks. Got it! I have found the utility quite buggy with quite a number of error codes (1, 5, 6 etc) but finally the new IP address was accepted. I now have another issue - when I rescan the IP Address entry appears 2 times. Interestingly after I rescanned again it now appears 3 or 4 times. Checking UCCNC I have 3 entries for the same device. Is this normal?
Attachments
Image 3.jpg
Image 2.jpg
Image 1.jpg
rossco

Postby cncdrive » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:19 am

No, it is not buggy. Your issue is that there are several (not only one) route between your computer and your AXBB-E.
So, the computer reaches the AXBB-E on more than one routes, via more then one adapter or through many connections via your router(s) or switches.
For example if it possible that the device is reached via a wired connection via a router and also via Wifi on the same router.
It is also possible that your routing table in your router is incorrect causing the several routes.
So, it is not a bug of the utility tool, but a problem in your system.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dezsoe » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:20 am

Yes and no. It's a known issue, but it's not a problem. When you have more network cards then it finds the controller more than once. If you want to avoid the controller selection window on startup then make a shortcut with the command line:

Code: Select all
C:\UCCNC\UCCNC.exe /s nnnnnn

where nnnnnn is the serial number of your controller. See the UCCNC manual for more command line options.
dezsoe

Postby rossco » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:56 am

Thanks Dezsoe, the wifi adapter was conflicting. Strange that both adapters are seen even though only one is active. Not sure if the error codes that I seen when saving the network setting was due to the conflicts but I cant reproduce it now.

Anyway thanks again. Simple fix :D
rossco

Postby mr_cg » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:50 pm

I was struggling with the same issue for about 2h because i was using the UCxxx utility version (v1.6) which was linked from the AXBB-E product page.
After some kind of frustration i was searching in this forum and found this topic.
Based on the hint to NOT use the version which is linked from the product webpage and instead to use the version which comes with the UCCNC SW package (v1.8) i finally managed to get it working.

As lesson learned the links on the product pages should be updated or completely removed.
Otherwise also other users (like me) will run into this issue without any need.
mr_cg

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here