AXBB-E will not comunicate with UCxxx Utility or UCCNC

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

AXBB-E will not comunicate with UCxxx Utility or UCCNC

Postby lapporen » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:40 pm

Hello folks, brand new to DIY CNC and to UCCNC.

I have been following the instructions outlined in the setup guide for the AXBB-E but I have hit a snag. I’m not sure if it’s a hardware or communication issue. I’ll attached some screenshots of my network settings and pc specifications.

I have set my network settings to those outlined in the manual as pictured below, I have also attempted to ping the device on the default IP (10.10.10.11) and have revived packets with no issues.

The issue is that UCxxx utility (v1.6) and the UCCNC software are not communicating with the AXBB-E. I get packet traffic in both directions during a ping but when scanning using UCxxx utility I only see sent packets from the pc with none being received in return, the blue link light on the AXBB-E will blink on each packet sent from UCxxx Utility but will not stay on. The window that normally displays “UCxx device was not found” clears when the scan button is pressed but my device will not show up in the utility even after several minutes.

Much like the utility the UCCNC software does not communicate with the controller. The blue link light blinks on Startup of the software but the controller does not send packets back to the PC. The UCCNC software displays an error message that communication was lost with the controller and the software quits.

I’m at a loss here.... as stated the Controller will ping but will not communicate with UCxxx Utility, or UCCNC. I have tried 2 separate PCs, a conventional and crossover cable, 2 different 5v power supplies for the controller (both over 500ma), I have tried fully disabling my firewall and air-gapping the PC, I have tried a factory reset on the AXBB-E following the instructions in the manual and get a good IP good firmware light sequence, I have also attempted tor remove the SN from my licence file name. The failure mode is ALWAYS the same. Good ping, no communication with the utility or UCCNC.

Is there an issue on my end or could this be a firmware/board problem? It’s getting frustrating as there seems to be communication with everything but the UCCNC software. I purchased this board over others due to the excellent documentation and software designed to work with a specific controller and I just want the product to work. Please help if you can!
Attachments
ping.PNG
ping.PNG (11.59 KiB) Viewed 11747 times
ipconfig.PNG
system.PNG
lapporen

Re: AXBB-E will not comunicate with UCxxx Utility or UCCNC

Postby ger21 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:05 pm

What version of UCCNC are you using?

If 1.2049, try this test version.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240&start=50#p13921
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby dezsoe » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:59 pm

The UCxx_utility has to find the device if it is powered and the network cable is connected. You have to press scan button to find ethernet controllers.
dezsoe

Postby lapporen » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:21 pm

ger21 wrote:What version of UCCNC are you using?

If 1.2049, try this test version.

http://www.forum.cncdrive.com/viewtopic ... =50#p13921

Success!

You nailed it all the utility is now seeing the control with the newer version. Strange that they do not have the latest and greatest software up on CNCdrive website, regardless thank you for your time.
lapporen

Postby ger21 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:38 pm

Strange that they do not have the latest and greatest software up on CNCdrive website

It's a test version, not quite ready for full release.
Since the AXBB is new, it's not supported by the older release version.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby lapporen » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:52 pm

ger21 wrote:
Strange that they do not have the latest and greatest software up on CNCdrive website

It's a test version, not quite ready for full release.
Since the AXBB is new, it's not supported by the older release version.

That's totally fair it did not even cross my mind how new this controller is. I'm just happy its working. I had a few issues with Microsoft defender not liking the UCCNC executable (thinking it was malicious software), but I seem to have figured it out.

Progress is going lightning fast now. I've moved my first stepper and i'm supper exited to calibrate lead on the screws and the various IO's. Again thanks for the help!
lapporen

Postby cncdrive » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:42 am

Good to hear that you got it working.

The latest development release is on the UCCNC product page, if you don't see it then it is because your browser is reading from cache, so you see old not up to date content of the page.
Try to press F5 in your browser when on the UCCNC product page, that will refresh/reload the page and you will see the development release link on the page.

The issue with Windows defender is a false positive alert for Trojans which seems to be a coming back problem time to time as they updating their virus definitions system...
The problem is that the UCCNC.exe file and some other files are obfuscated by us for crack protection and Defender does not like that, because it can't look into the file, I mean it can read the file, but it can't really analyse it.
The reason for obfuscation is exactly what causes problem to Defender is that we don't want hackers and crackers to analyse and possibly crack the software.
Since the UCCNC is a .NET application there is no other way for us than to use obfuscation to protect the software, our intellectual property against crackers.
However we have made attempts to resolve the issue with changing patterns in the file to untrigger defender, but it seems that it is only a temporary solution as it seems to trigger again after some time.
So the way to resolve the issue with Defender permanently is to make an exception in it for the UCCNC.
The software contains no trojans, no viruses that is sure, because we have already verified this with Virustotal and with Microsoft and they both confirmed that the file is clean and the software is always deployed in a fully isolated environment
in which infection of the file is basicaly impossible.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby rossco » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:54 am

Did you manage to get UCxxx_utility working with AXBB? I'm wanting to change the IP address on the controller to match my home subnet, however all I get is a similar experience to you - link light flash momentarily.

Currently I have the controller communicating with UCCNC V1.2109 fine. Suspiciously the manual has a screen shot of UCxxx_utility V1.8 but cant find this version on the download page, only version 1.6.

Has anyone else had this issue?
rossco

Postby cncdrive » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:32 am

The latest development release is on the UCCNC product page, if you don't see it then it is because your browser is reading from cache, so you see old not up to date content of the page.
Try to press F5 in your browser when on the UCCNC product page, that will refresh/reload the page and you will see the development release link on the page.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:25 pm

The UC_xxx utility tool installs with the UCCNC. Open the UCCNC/Util folder and you find the utility tool there.
The V1.8 utility tool is packed into the 1.2109 UCCNC version.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here