UCR 201 intefering with macros?

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: UCR 201 intefering with macros?

Postby RhemaG » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:33 am

dezsoe wrote:At the moment it is out of stock, I have to wait for it. As soon as I get one I'll do all the tests.

Looking forward to your finding so we can get my UCR201 to properly function. :D
RhemaG

Postby dezsoe » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:20 am

RhemaG wrote:
dezsoe wrote:At the moment it is out of stock, I have to wait for it. As soon as I get one I'll do all the tests.

Looking forward to your finding so we can get my UCR201 to properly function. :D

Hi Bill,

I started the testing with UCR201, but could not reproduce the problem. Could you upload your profile (.pro) file?
dezsoe

Postby RhemaG » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:17 pm

Sorry, been busy finishing up my 2 latest builds and just saw this message for the first time this morning. Had a very poor night of sleep last night but will try and remember to send you the '.pro' sometime today or tomorrow. And thanks again for your help in this matter! Would sure love to get this issue resolved.

~~~ Bill
RhemaG

Postby RhemaG » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:39 pm

Sorry for the delay, had a lot of other business to attend to. Here's my UCCNC profile. Thank you again in advance for helping me with this.

Bill
Attachments
Rhema_ASFW.pro
(32.53 KiB) Downloaded 715 times
RhemaG

Postby dezsoe » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:15 pm

Thanks, I'll check it.
dezsoe

Postby RhemaG » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:05 pm

Any progress on this issue yet? Sure would be nice to be able to use my Pendant. ;)
RhemaG

Postby ger21 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:07 pm

They haven't been able to duplicate the issue on their end, but they are still looking.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby RhemaG » Tue May 07, 2019 11:19 pm

dezsoe wrote:Thanks, I'll check it.

SO, I'm still looking for an answer to this!?! Is it possible that the dongle that came with the unit came with a corrupt driver? Can you send me a driver with instructions for installing it on the dongle, or even another dongle to test it with? Quite a chunk of useless change hanging in my shop right now that I really would like to be able to use! I hate that I spent all that money on brand new item that should be an upgrade only not to be able to use it. Really would appreciate some help here!

Thanks!!!
RhemaG

Postby PillyWilly » Sun May 26, 2019 4:29 pm

RhemaG wrote:OK, chiming in here. I tried many things all day long yesterday in an attempt to figure out the conflict to no avail. When I tried the Auto Zero initialize in the 2017 Screenset it did crazy things in the process. The first time and several times after it would go through the normal process on the moveable touch plate then move to the fixed touch plate and run down at a very fast rate driving the bit into the plate. (Broke a bit the first time and have been testing with the shaft of the broken bit and hand on the ready for e-stop since with the exception of one time). After a while of testing and trying to figure things out (had to restart the software after each incident), it then decided to run the Z Axis in the positive direction very quickly reaching the limit and setting off an error. Restarted the software again to reset everything and it did this a couple of times more before I contacted Gerry.

Tried again and this time it ran quickly in the "+" direction nearly running the Z Axis completely out of the gantry before I could hit the e-stop. Restarted and tried again this time with my hand at the ready with the e-stop and it repeated the same. I restarted again and this time it would proceed in a seemingly normal fashion on the first probe and backed off normally then stopped giving a probe activated error. (Don't know how to post pics so I wasn't able to post a screen shot).

This morning I came out to the shop and tried again, same action and error as mentioned last. I restarted the software after creating a new folder into which I could move the Plasma profile and one other New profile I had created in my troubleshooting excursions. This left only the UCCNC Default profile and my 2017 Screenset profile I had copied from v 1.2047. (All this issue has taken place in v 1.2049 and did the same in 1.2047 when I tested the UCR201 plugin driver in there as well.) After moving the profiles I mentioned I restarted the software again, ran the Auto Zero initialize in 2017 Screenset, and with the UCR201 plugin enabled, and the Auto Zero initialize procedure worked normally!!!

However, out of curiosity I restarted v 1.2049 again and ran through the normal steps for Auto Zero initialize and when I started the initialize procedure this time it did nothing but give an error that says "First Probing move has completed without triggering input. Verify First Probe Distance Setting, and make sure probe input is functioning." I had received this error a few times yesterday as well.

(NOTE: For some reason 1.2049 will not default to my profile when I restart even though I set it up to do so. I also installed v 1.2108 to test all this in there and it too had the same issues. The other profile I mentioned earlier that I moved to a different folder so it wouldn't interfere with testing had the same issue. In addition, when I disable the UCR201 plugin and use the old cheapo corded MACH 3 MPG i got from Amazon which consists of buttons only and no hand wheel, all functions normally. I have each version of UCCNC installed in their own folders so as not to interfere with the other and each functions fine with the corded Mach 3 cheapo.)

I'd sure like to figure this "anomaly" out as the reason I purchased the UCR201 is to be able to function with the wireless MPG (and the 2017 Screenset) and not have to drag a cord around a moving machine. All help offered in troubleshooting this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Bill

You are describing the exact same problem as I have been struggeling with for months.
I cannot do a simple "Auto zero" either, does that work for you?
No solution until now.
We are unfortunally a few (5 claims CNCdrive) that has this problem.

BR
Jan
PillyWilly

Postby cncdrive » Sun May 26, 2019 4:46 pm

I have never claimed that, I know about 3 of you only who has this problem, but my collegue Dezsoe said that he knows 5. I'm not sure who the rest 2 are.
cncdrive
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ask a question from support here