Zeroing machine coordinates

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Zeroing machine coordinates

Postby 1JUMPER10 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi

I've just built a new machine and I'm working on getting it set up. My final hurdle is enabling the software limits. I've set up each axis with its limits but whenever I enable the software limits the program says its now stopped because I've reached a software limit. The problem is the machine coordinates think its far away from where it actually is. I have each axis set up with a home switch with the front left corner of the machine X0,Y0. When the machine is homed, I checked the machine coordinates and they are not X0, Y0. They're -200 something. This is far outside the range I've specified for the software limits so, obviously when I enable software limits I get the shutdown. How do I zero machine coordinates? I need my home switch locations to me machine X0, Y0. Forgive me if this is a stupid question. I'm sure there is a simple solution for someone who is a trained machinist, but I am just a novice.
1JUMPER10

Re: Zeroing machine coordinates

Postby ger21 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:45 pm

You have to home the machine to zero the machine coordinates. If you don't have your switches configured as Home switches, the axis will be zeroed at their current location when you click the Home all button.

Softlimits really only work when you have home switches.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby 1JUMPER10 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:41 pm

I have home switches on all 3 axis's and all 3 home normally. Thats why I'm so puzzled. It might be that I also have them configured as limit switches. I'll check tomorrow and report back.
1JUMPER10

Postby ger21 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:00 pm

Check the "Auto Set" checkbox on each axis configuration page.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby 1JUMPER10 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:57 pm

ger21 wrote:Check the "Auto Set" checkbox on each axis configuration page.

That did it.

It was still a little problematic configuring the limits until I figured out that after I applied changes it was necessary to re-home the machine. Every time I configured a software limit and saved the changes, it popped up a warning "a software limit was reached and the machine is now stopped". Eventually, I got it.

Thanks for the help Ger21
1JUMPER10

Return to Ask a question from support here