New releases

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

New releases

Postby naijin » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:06 am

Hi there, I am new to uccnc only been using it for about a year, I am using version 1.2047 I notice we have since had two release, how do I up date to the latest version? do I need to uninstall the old version and install the latest? or is there
an update to down load, If I un-install and install the new version do I need to configure everything again?

Nicl
naijin

Re: New releases

Postby Robertspark » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:33 am

you can download and install over the top of your current version.

HOWEVER.... there are a couple of things to consider

1) it will ask you if you want to write over your profile.... if you do this then you will need to set everything up from scratch....

2) if you have changed any of the "standard profile" macros (such as M3, M4, M5, M6 etc) to do other things then these will be over written.

3) if you have changed the default screensets (default & plasma) then these will too will be over written and changed to default (so if you have added any custom buttons to the default / plasma screenset then they will be gone).

A suggestion..... backup your current working version as you are obviously happy with it.... just select the c:\uccnc folder and zip it up.

Then either over-write the uccnc folder with the new version and when it asks you do you want to over-write your default profile say NO and it will work the same as it did before providing items 2 and 3 above do not apply!

Or option 2.... install the new version in something like c:\uccnc\vxxxx\ and copy across your macros and copy across your screenset and any custom images to the new version and it should work fine.....

If you have a custom screenset then when you start uccnc you will need to select that profile to start as the default desktop icon will be changed to the default settings (i.e. it will have no switches such as -p (profile) etc which you can setup to run a plasma, mill, router, lathe, etc off the same machine all with their own profile (including metric and imperial units too via seperate profiles).

It all depends how extensivly you have changed and edited the default macros , profiles and screensets......
Robertspark

Postby ger21 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:46 am

Ideally, you want to create a new profile, and use that.
Then, you can just install new versions right over the old ones, and it won't change any of your settings.

If you don't have any issues with 1.2047, you don't really need to install the later versions, unless you are using the UCR201 pendant.
Bellow are the changes.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1384&p=10328&hilit=1.2048#p10328

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1537&p=11654&hilit=1.2049#p11654
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:50 am

Baiscly there are no differences between 1.2047 and 1.2048 and 1.2049.
The only difference is that 1.2048 got the UCR201 plugin and 1.2049 got some random unused codes in the UCCNC.exe file just to untrigger some buggy Antivirus false alerts.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby naijin » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:55 am

Thanks for all the replies, ver 1.2047 seem to be working fine for me, I think I will stick with it for the time being.

Nick :D
naijin

Return to Ask a question from support here