License not working

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

License not working

Postby JeffS » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi. A good while back I bought a UC300ETH with a UB1 from CNCroom.com but a home move delayed the completion of my machine and I never got around to unpacking it until now. I'm now starting to build the electronics for the machine so I unpacked the UC300 downloaded and installed the software and copied the license file into the UCCNC directory. Hooked up power and ethernet waited for a steady green on the UC300 then started the software, but it will only start in demo mode, my UC300ETH-UB1 isn't listed.

I ran the UCxxx_utility and it finds the card OK and the serial number matches the serial number on the license any ideas why the UCCNC software isn't detecting the card?
Last edited by JeffS on Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeffS

Re: License not working

Postby cncdrive » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi,

You can't buy a UB1 from cncdrive.com, because we do not sell that product, but you likely bought it from CNCroom, because the UB1 is their product.

Did you setup your LAN network card for the UC300ETH?
If not then please read the UC300ETH manual, it describes it in details how to set it up with a step by step procedure.

The UCxxx utility tool always finds the UC300ETH if the physical connection between the UC300ETH and the computer is working.
It finds the UC300ETH even if the network is setup incorrectly, because the utility tool is communicating with broadcast messages which messages are received by all devices on the network.
But ofcourse the UCCNC is not communicating with broadcast packets, but standard UDP packets, because sending lots of broadcast messages continously could overload the network.
And so the UCCNC will only see your device if the network is setup correctly. And your license will only work if the UCCNC will find your UC300ETH and if the license for that UC300ETH is in place, in the UCCNC folder.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby JeffS » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:53 pm

You are correct, it was CNCroom that supplied the EC300ETH-UB1, I've amended my original post. Off to check network settings now.
JeffS

Postby cncdrive » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:55 pm

OK, no problem. But please read through the setup procedure in the manual before changing the network parameters.
It is not too complicated to set it up, but it can be without reading the manual. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby JeffS » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Problem seems to have been 2 fold. Firstly my adapter was set up for 100Mb Full Duplex and I was getting 500ms+ lag on the ping. Changed this to Auto and now ping is 0ms. The second problem was a corrupt key, Weerasak re-sent me the key and it's now working.

JeffS

Return to Ask a question from support here