Vectric array feature

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Vectric array feature

Postby markgreenhalgh » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:45 am

Does uccnc allow us to fully use the array feature VCarve Pro and Aspire that should allow a gap for a tool change in between the production of multiple copies of the same toolpaths - if it does can you let me know how to do this please - thanks Mark
markgreenhalgh

Re: Vectric array feature

Postby cncdrive » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:52 am

I'm sorry, but I don't know how that feature work, have not heard about it, but the UCCNC do what the g-code file tells it to do and CAM softwares communicate with the CNC controller via the CAM file only and so I guess it should work, except if this feature depends on a g-code which is not supported by the UCCNC.
Maybe you can post an example g-code using this feature then we could take a closer look.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: Vectric array feature

Postby Robertspark » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:34 am

I know zero about vectric
https://docs.vectric.com/docs/V9.0/VCar ... lpath.html

It looks like it can optimise the cut to minimise toolchanges (so it will cut as many parts / copies with the one tool before switching to the next etc, instead of completing one part and then the next etc).

Toolchange is normally in gcode denoted with a "M6" code

The default setting in UCCNC is to "ignore too change code (M6)"

basically, just untick the checkbox, and everytime an 6 lands the machine will stop / perform a toolchange if you have an M6 Macro (you can program a popup box which will ask you to complete a toolchange if it helps into the M6 macro), and tell the spindle to stop and retract to the safe height etc {whatever you want to setup}
Attachments
2018-10-02 12_33_57-UCCNC software _ Running in demo mode....png
Robertspark

Return to Ask a question from support here