UCCNC Freezing

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

UCCNC Freezing

Postby martin54 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:03 pm

I seem to be having a problem with UCCNC freezing randomly, guessing it will be something to do with windows rather than the UCCNC software itself. Running the latest downloadable safe version from the UCCNC website with the latest version of ger21 screenset on a windows 7 64 bit computer. I have done very little to optimise the PC for use with the CNC, it isn't connected to internet & some of the standard maintenance tasks like checking for updates, running virus scans ect are disabled or turned off & the power saving features are turned off so computer never hibernates or shuts down but that is about all I have done.
So what else should I have done to prevent this happening?
The last computer was fully optimised for running mach3 & mach3 was the only software installed on the computer but having switched to a UC400 ETH controller & UCCNC software I thought I didn't need to strip the computer right down for it to work OK
martin54

Re: UCCNC Freezing

Postby ger21 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:20 pm

Is there an error message, like a lost connection?
Or is UCCNC locked up?
Is the PC locked up as well?
If not, start Task Manager, and check CPU and memory usage.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Re: UCCNC Freezing

Postby martin54 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:09 pm

No error messages ger21, if there were I would have mentioned that lol,

UCCNC doesn't seem to lock up completely, I can toggle between screens but none of the axis will move at all. Hasn't caused any problems with cutting at all either. Seems to be totally random as well, sometimes I might not have touched the machine for a while & other times it might happen just after I have been jogging one or more of the axis. Rest of the PC seems to be working normally, I will check task manager as you have suggested.

Only other thing I have noticed which I don't remember happening on the older computer is that the display screen within UCCNC seems to flash every now & again, just very quickly, caught it out the corner of my eye the first time & sat watching it for ages, decided it must have been my mind playing tricks on me lol but the second time it happened I was looking at the screen at the time, wasn't sure if it was just refreshing itself or not. Doesn't seem to cause any problems, everything cuts as well as it should so I haven't paid to much attention to it.

Oh while I remember what post processor are you using for UCCNC ger21 ??
martin54

Return to Ask a question from support here