Graphics mode ??

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: Graphics mode ??

Postby cncdrive » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:21 pm

The closest the UCCNC has is the offline mode. It disables motion, but it shows DROs and execute things, but the machine will not move since the motion controller will not produce any output signals.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:39 am

Yes, that's correct, the coordinates will move and other things too, like if a G-code changes the offsets or tool lenght etc. those will execute.
However I don't see the benefit of running a code with just watching the toolpath and without executing important things like macros which could change things and which could change how the path execution goes and so doing so could mislead the user, because when they run the code in this mode it is not sure that the same things will happen when they running the same in normal mode.

And I thought about a better option is to clone the profile file and then run that in demo mode.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Yes, but that is a factory made machine with everything written by the factory, macros and the software etc. and so you can't change things, you can't do much custom things and so the software knows what happens with macros and other things. With the UCCNC the user can write macros, can make and enable custom plugins, can add own buttons and other things and so things can happen which would make graphics mode impossible to be reliable and followable by the software.
So, we talking about a DIY software with the machine added by the user and not a machine + software given and fitted together by one company.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:43 pm

OK, so we agree that we disagree. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Robertspark » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:11 pm

Could this not be made possible within UCCNC in "Offline" mode, by uccnc storing the XYZABC co-ordinates + any G5x offsets into memory and then resetting them when disabling Offline mode

Given the machine has not moved restoring these positions should set everything back to homed positions?

{would also need to cancel any macros that may have not been terminated - is it not possible to create a "soft" E-stop {one that does not toggle the physical outputs of the motion controller, that way all macros will be terminated??}

Just thinking aloud :roll: :D
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:16 pm

Ofcourse a macro could store the values interest first and then put the software into offline mode and call the cycle start and detect the cycle stop and then restore things.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:30 pm

Hi Terry,

I'm not offended at all, don't worry.
I just told my points and have nothing else to say about this now, so I moved on. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Ask a question from support here