Centering Loaded File

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Centering Loaded File

Postby youngguy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your help with this problem/issue. I will first say that I'm pretty new to the CNC world and thus, pretty new to UCCNC in particular. I have a StepCraft 2/600 with a 3D printer head. I'm running UCCNC on a virtual machine (Parallels) from my Mac Book Pro.

The issue I'm having is that when I load my file (STL converted to G-code) into UCCNC, the loaded file is not centered in the tool path window. I've attached a screenshot for clarity. I'm wondering if it's possible to center the file within the constraints of my platform size.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 10.21.25 AM.png
youngguy

Re: Centering Loaded File

Postby cncdrive » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:37 pm

No it's not possible.
The toolpath will show the TCP (tool center point, yellow cone) to the toolpath route and so the center of the toolpath drawing is based on that movement too.
What you can do is you can move to inside the toolpath area with the TCP and then reload the file to center the toolpath drawing.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: Centering Loaded File

Postby youngguy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:55 pm

Thanks to both @Vmax549 and @cncdrive. Zeroing my X axis seemed to do it. Even better, I positioned the gantry in roughly the center of the bed, zeroed my X and Y axes and loaded the file. From there, after adjusting my Z axis (with the printer head installed), I got started.

Thanks again folks!
youngguy

Return to Ask a question from support here