Prompt Message when defined input pin is triggered

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: Prompt Message when defined input pin is triggered

Postby rmat » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:41 pm

dezsoe wrote:I thoght over and found that the best way is to check if probing is in progress and the signal is lost and then press stop. The macro below is a macroloop, test it!

Code: Select all
int errorled = 7; // See LEDs_by_number.htm for input pin LED numbers

if (exec.GetLED(errorled) && exec.GetLED(24) && !exec.Ismacrostopped()) // Check while probing
{
  exec.Callbutton(130); // Press Cycle stop
  exec.AddStatusmessage("Probe lost connection, start over");
}

Thanks! It does exactly what I needed.
But, I have one more problem. The probe goes sleeping after some time to save battery, and this will trigger alarm as it should. Lets say probe gets sleepy, my cycle calls M6 toolchange and wants to measure the tool and it cannot, becaose the probe is sleeping, although tool lenght probe is hardwired. Is it possible to do something about this?

Also Ive found some other problems that are related to probing in general. The FRO influents probing speeds. This is in general not good. If I forget that i altered the FRO and do probing, either workpiece, either tool lenght, probing will not be consistent.
While probe finding speed is not problem, slow probe speed is. Homing is done the right way, it will go at set speed regardles FRO.
Am I thinking right?

Best regards, Matej
rmat

Postby dezsoe » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:34 pm

If your probe wakes up when touching then you could go and touch it before you want to use it.

You can save the current FRO value before probing and set it to 100%. Afther the probe you can restore the saved value. FRO is field 232, be careful, the field contains the % character too.
dezsoe

Postby jonathanponz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:33 pm

dezsoe wrote:
I had tested your code and put it in a macroloop and it is now working, thanks a lot. Now I am planning to prompt the message and there is an "OK" button for the operator to click for his/her to confirm. :D . Is it doable in a macroloop?

Technically yes, but don't do it. It's not adviced to do anything that stops/hangs the loop.

Hi dezsoe, noted. Thank you so much
jonathanponz

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here