Loading profiles

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Loading profiles

Postby X-man » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:54 pm

I just ran in to a what will be an easy. Loading profiles. I have a profile I converted to uccnc from mach 3 I have been running it for a while now. All of a sudden the spindle will run but none of the axis will move (although run profile thinks they are moving thinks they are running) The only thing I did was load the profile tick the ok box it had loaded and press apply settings. Then it would do as the above only. I had been running it 2 minutes earlier to set up a jb and all the axis were working and I thought I had finished so turned machine off and turned off uccnc. The only thing I MAY have done when I reloaded it was click the'save settings ' button on the load profile page.

Anybody help? Could clicking the save settings have done something if I did click it?

Tony
X-man

Re: Loading profiles

Postby cncdrive » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:05 pm

I suggest you manually compare the settings on the screen of mach3 and uccnc to see what the differences are.
Unfortunately mach3 often corrupts it's own profile files when a standard xml reader can't read the whole file anymore, because mach3 creates errors in the file, so it is possible that the UCCNC could not import something.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby X-man » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:32 pm

Thanks, yes, I did suspect something like that. So I went back to the mill (after about an hour) and started it all up, loaded the profile and guess what....yes it all worked again....The only difference was I had turned the Eth400 off at the mains and de-powered it (which I didn't try in the first instance.
X-man

Postby cncdrive » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Isn't it possible that something is in an undefined state?
And so it is now only luck that it worked or unluck that it did not work first. :)
I'm thinking of e.g. an unconfigured enable signal which for example requires a low state and when you first tried that unconfigured output was somehow turned high and when you restarted the UCCNC it made that unconfigured output low. It is possible for example from macros and plugins to switch unconfigured outputs, but by default all outputs are low on startup. Ofcourse this is just an idea, but I think it still worth to compare the settings to avoid future issues.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby X-man » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:31 pm

The thing is its been working fine since I sorted it using the imported file last June. I have calibrated the axis since and made a few more tweaks but that is it. In fact the default profile acts just like that except everything works (not very well mind) except the spindle motor.....
X-man

Return to Ask a question from support here