Synchronization problem

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Synchronization problem

Postby Derek » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi

Did the this effect the UC-300 USB as well as the ETH?

Yes, after I got the files and the problem description from you in email we figured the problem out. We could reproduce it finally, it was a syncronisation issue which sometime made the coordinates to not syncronise properly after a probing and so then the motion controller coordinates and the software side coordinates were in offset until the syncronisation happened. Then the unwanted offset got cleared and so the coordinates became in syncron again, but until that the coordinates ran with an offset.
We found not only one, but 2 separate causes for the same issue which we not only corrected, but also made some changes in the syncronisation procedure to make sure this cannot happen even if we will make any similar sync mistakes in the software in the future. Basicly we've added a forced syncronisation for the probing cycle end and also at some other routines which always require a syncronisation.
And what lead to this problem was 2 causes, one is that we had to change a few things to optimise the control for plasma THCs and second we had to change a few things because of an issue with full circles execution. Both required to the syncronisation to be changed and both messed it up.
I originally thought that the sync method was changed only in 1.2103 and so originally I crossed it out as a possible problem cause, but later I realised that it was changed earlier because of the THC...

The fix is already in the test version 1.2104, but unfortunately that version has other problems, so I advice not to use it for production. We working on the finalisation of the 1.2105 version, we testing it extensively now to make sure it will have no issues.
Derek

Re: Synchronization problem

Postby cncdrive » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Syncronisation is a global event which works the same for all motion controllers, so it effects all motion controllers.
The issue effected the last few test releases. (1.210x) and was fixed in the test release 1.2104 which version had a different issue and so 1.2105 is the recommended test version.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: Synchronization problem

Postby Derek » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:58 pm

thanks
Derek

Return to Ask a question from support here