BOB with UC300ETH-5LPT

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

BOB with UC300ETH-5LPT

Postby Tim_DGE » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:02 am

Hi All,

I'm developing a CNC Plasma machine and am changing from using a USB motion controller to trying the UC300ETH-5LPT, on the advice of Andrew from Neuron (using his Neuron Simplicity THC). Based in South Africa.
No my question comes when replacing the UC300 into my current system, what changes exactly will have to be made.

Summary of my system:
- 4x Nema23 motors controlled by DQ542MA drivers. Controlling the x-axis (2 motors), y-axis and z-axis. The Neuron independently controls the z-axis motor.
- Proximity limit switches + z-axis homing switch.
- Magnetic breakaway (proximity switch wired as e-stop)
- Neuron Simplicity THC. This has a couple PCBs which connect to the BOB (2 Output pins and 1 Input pin).
- Mach3

My question comes now to when I replace the current BOB with the UC300ETH-5LPT. Because the connections are IDC26 ports, you cant directly wire the motors STEP/DIR and switches to the board, which I why you use a separate parallel port PCB. Therefore I'm looking to use a simple, BOB supplied locally (https://www.unihobbies.co.za/index.php? ... id=216#all).
So how I currently understand it is you wire the motors and switches to the BOB, standard stuff. Then a parallel port is connected from the BOB to one of the IDC26 ports of the UC300ETH-5LPT (say port #1). My concern is does the one port have all the signals from the BOB, including motors and switches +THC I/O? Then a simple ethernet cable to my control PC. Am I on track so far?

Further, I need to know the settings chagnes in Mach3. In ports and pins, would I reference the pinouts of the BOB or the UC300ETH-5LPT when settings up the Ports&Pins of the motors/Input signals/Output signals?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tim
Tim_DGE

Return to Ask a question from support here