Problem with CCW spindle probable bug

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Problem with CCW spindle probable bug

Postby Derek » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:57 pm

Version 1.2102 UC-300ETH

Clockwise turns on and off no issues. Counterclockwise turns spindle on and off but UCCNC is holding the pin high (on). The spindle stops because UCCNC stops outputting speed but the output is still issuing a run command to the VFD. I changed the port and pin numbers but didn't change any VFD wires and I get the same results. After the first time you issue a CCW command the LED on the diagnostics page stays lit.

I just upgraded this machine today and this wasn't a problem yesterday. It may be related to the fact that it's a UC-300 ETH. I have the same version number on the Bridgeport with a UC300 USB and I did probably 400 tapped holes today alone.

Thanks
Derek
Derek

Re: Problem with CCW spindle probable bug

Postby cncdrive » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:10 am

Hi Derek,

Please post your profile file to let me check what you described.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Derek » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:22 am

The profile I posted with the CV problem is the same one except a different UCCNC version. Will that work? I'm home now and won't be able to send it till tomorrow.

I'm going to switch back to the old version if you don't have a quick solution. I have a bunch of tapping to do.
Derek

Postby cncdrive » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:23 am

I've quickly tested what you described with random output pins.
I've tested with the M3 and M4 being configured on the same pin and also configured on different pins.
I've tested them with both active low and active high settings.
I ran M3, M4 and M5 codes a few times via MDI and also via g-code program.
I watched the diagnostics LEDs aswell as physical LEDs connected to those pins on the UC300ETH-5LPT output.

I see no problem, I mean the M4 switching off on the M5 command, the output is not held on.
So, I can think of 2 possibilities: If it is a bug then it has to be setting dependent and to explore it I will need your profile file OR something else (another setting) is also configured to that pin which holds the pin.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:23 am

Yes, I will look that post up and will download the profile now.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Derek » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:34 am

The CCW is set to pin 14 port 3. I switched it to pin 17 port 4 and it did the same thing. So it seems it would need to be M4 related some how. The only way I could get it to release the run command was to shut down UCCNC and when I restarted it the pin would clear when UCCNC communicated with the UC-300 and the run lite on the VFD would shut off. As soon as I did M4 it would do it again.
Derek

Postby Derek » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:36 am

Is it possible the firmware didn't update properly?
Derek

Postby cncdrive » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:39 am

I've just tested with your profile and really the M4 pin does not go off with your settings for some yet unknown reason.
The strange thing is that it works when it is configured to some different randomly selected pins, I could not find any other which would not work.
Also if I mix up the M3 pin with the M4 pin then again it works OK.
So, it seems the only case when it does not work when the M4 is configured to port#3 pin#14.
And I don't see anything else to be configured to the same pin.
I can only bet now that the error will be in the API in the M4 off pin definition table. I will have to give the issue to my collegue to let him check and correct it, but it is late night here now.

So, the only quick solution would be to connect the M4 to a different pin or to a different port or to mix up the M3 with M4 pins and then reverse the polarities in the VFD settings or VFD phases.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:43 am

No, it's not possible that the firmware did not update properly.
The firmware is CRC error checked every time before it starts running, so if there is even a single bit of error then it runs a firmware update or if the error is after the firmware update then it will disconnect and will try the firmware update again the next time you will run the UCCNC. It will not run the firmware and so the UCCNC will not startup until the firmware is perfect.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Ask a question from support here