I tried my first cut, but everything is reversed

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

I tried my first cut, but everything is reversed

Postby Dave 1771 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:52 am

Not sure if my first post went through, this is my second.
I tried my first cut, but EVERYTHING is backwards. Up is down, right is left and etc..
When I hoover, it goes down and cuts the line, and when I should be cutting, it hoovers.?????? And it would be cutting in MIRROR/totally backwards it it weren't above the material.
Is it a setting in UCCNC or my Aspire program of how I saved it, although it looks correct in Aspire and on Toolpath.
Saved file as Mach2/3 arcs/inch/text.
Thanks
Dave 1771

Re: I tried my first cut, but everything is reversed

Postby spumco » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:00 am

Disregard if you're experienced with CNC, but are you familiar with the coordinate system? As in, you know what direction the machine will move if an X+, X-, Y+, Y- and so forth are programmed? Took me a while to get used to the table moving left for an X+ move (and similar for Y) when I first started out.

Assuming you're comfortable with CNC and what motion to expect, if you program an X+ move does it move in X- direction? If so, does the X-DRO appear to move in X+ or X-?

If you program an X+, and it moves in X-, but the DRO is reporting an X+ - then I'd suspect your axis motor port/pin settings are reversed.

One at a time, switch the axis pins from high to low (or vise-versa) and see if the motion is now as expected.
spumco

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:03 am

You can reverse any axis direction with the Dir pin's active low checkbox on the Configuration/Axis setup page.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:39 am

I see this a lot with new Mach3 users. The simple answer is that your axis are set up backwards.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Dave 1771 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:52 pm

Thanks all, I'll try reversing the settings, although this is my 1st use of the machine, I'm at the preschool stage.
Dave 1771

Postby Dave 1771 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:22 am

Changed the settings on X and Z, perfect.
Thanks
Dave 1771

Return to Ask a question from support here