Out of Bound Error?

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: Out of Bound Error?

Postby dezsoe » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:54 pm

The dotted horizontal white line is the zero Z line. There are lot of things above that.

Z Stepper  Motor plate.png
dezsoe

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:07 am

Something very strange is happening then. I have 6" of travel to Zo and this part is literally a flat plate mounting on my table. Maybe my post file got hosed up somehow.
ThreeDJ16

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:09 am

Anyway, thanks for all the help on the subject. I will try and figure out why there is anything about Z0. Fusion 360 is always making updates too.
ThreeDJ16

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:22 am

Think I am going to just start over from scratch with this entire install. Even bypassing the soft limit check, now I am getting other very strange things. Like in Fusion, I have no dwell time on the drill operation. Yet in UCCNC, it moves, not even to correct position, but then starts a dwell cycle of 100 seconds. The post I am using is the same one as I've been using, double checked that. So I think a clean install looks like a good option for now. Maybe even roll back to the last release version, where I didn't have any issues.

Thanks.
ThreeDJ16

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:35 pm

Gerry, I appreciate the suggestion to change to Z-1 (still not sure why that is an issue, as my tool change position is 0,0,0 and it doesn't have any problems in the Gcode precheck). But anyway, finally got past the out of boundaries error (or whatever the syntax was) only to have my program stop on M7. Made no sense to me, then I noticed the dwell light was on. OK, there is a 100ms (1000ms by default on UCCNC) on the mist starting after spindle start. Which makes sense, no point in misting the cabinet everywhere when it takes a sec or two to get to the work. Here is my issue though. Under setting, somehow the checkbox got turned on for Dwell in Seconds. Why would this be affecting my mist coolant delay? But it was. I unchecked this box and all is normal. But I think it is a bug, as in the screen shot listed below, the mist delay is clearly marked in milliseconds. So checking the dwell in seconds apparently affects all functions with a delay.

Anyway, just an FYI. I'm just happy I finally found this so I can catch up on all my milling now.
InkedCapture_LI.jpg

InkedCapture2_LI.jpg
ThreeDJ16

Postby cncdrive » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:42 pm

Dwell is wait or pause which can be turned on for M3, M5, M5, M7, M8, M9. The dwell also works with G4 Pxx.
When you set that checkbox then the time for all dwells is measured in seconds instead of milliseconds.
If you want the dwell times in seconds then you just set that checkbox and if you need less than one second, e.g. 100msec for the M7 then just write 0.1 in the delay box, because 0.1seconds equals 100msec.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:59 pm

cncdrive wrote:Dwell is wait or pause which can be turned on for M3, M5, M5, M7, M8, M9. The dwell also works with G4 Pxx.
When you set that checkbox then the time for all dwells is measured in seconds instead of milliseconds.
If you want the dwell times in seconds then you just set that checkbox and if you need less than one second, e.g. 100msec for the M7 then just write 0.1 in the delay box, because 0.1seconds equals 100msec.

While I totally agree with that statement, it displays the delay in MS beside all of the delays settings. That is misleading. Either the "Dwell in Seconds" should not affect on delays or the unit "MS" shouldn't be beside the delay if it can be overridden. Personally I don't think the units should be displayed beside the delay since it won't be true if the dwell in seconds is turned on. It would cause less confusion to those of us who aren't experts at this and see the millisecond beside the delay and think that is true regardless of other settings. Anyway, just my two cents. I still love UCCNC and it does a great job for me. Just sometimes things can be a little ambiguous to the hobby machinist.
ThreeDJ16

Postby ger21 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:32 pm

I just ran into this issue a few days ago with another user, and the M3 delay.
When I created the screen, I simply copied the text from the default screen, which showed the "ms". This is obviously not correct, if Dwell in Seconds is selected.
The next version of the screen will not have the "ms" labels.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:00 am

ger21 wrote:I just ran into this issue a few days ago with another user, and the M3 delay.
When I created the screen, I simply copied the text from the default screen, which showed the "ms". This is obviously not correct, if Dwell in Seconds is selected.
The next version of the screen will not have the "ms" labels.

Thanks Gerry. And yeah, I knew it was the same as on the UCCNC screen since it's in their manual. But glad someone sees how this could be an issue.
ThreeDJ16

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here