UC300ETH UB1 Slave homing

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

UC300ETH UB1 Slave homing

Postby valdis034 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:19 pm

I have a problem that once x and slave (a) axis homes and it reaches home sensor only one axis ofsets the given distance, which means it racks the gantry... any ideas?
valdis034

Re: UC300ETH UB1 Slave homing

Postby cncdrive » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:44 pm

Which software version you using?
I guess that you using version 1.2101 which is the newest test version?
I guess you using that because you mentioned "offset" which I understand as moveback distance which feature only this very latest version have.
So, please confirm which version of the software you running.
Also explain the issue a bit better, a bit more with steps of what is exactly happening and what you expect to happen.
And if you want us to verify the issue then upload your profile file to the forum post to let you check with using your settings.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:45 pm

And one more question is how many home sensors did you setup on the gantry?
Did you setup 2 home sensors with different home input pins?
Or you using one home sensor only?
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby valdis034 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:35 pm

Ok, so the version i am using 1.2047. I have X axis as master and A axis as slave. I have sensor on X side of the machine for X home and limits, for A axis i have sensor only for homing. For both axis i put 10mm offset once the axis homed. So both axies has to go off the home sensors. Here is what i am doing:
1. I press to home x axis.
2. X and A axies are spining.
3. Home sensor for X triggered --> X axis stops, A still spining
4.Home sensor for A triggered--> A axis stops,and drives back 10mm, X axis doesnt move together with A, but it should.

Am i doing something wrong or there is some kind of a bug, which i am sure should be already raised by lots of users? I also attached my profile file.

Thank you
Attachments
Default.pro
(31.23 KiB) Downloaded 551 times
valdis034

Postby ger21 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:23 pm

Actually, neither axis should back off the switch in the version you are using, so it sounds like a bug.
The DRO's should have been set to 10, but no movement should occur. Backing off the switches was not added until the latest test version, 1.2101
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:27 am

The homing offset value should not drive the axis anywhere. The offset is not a movement command at all.
How it works is the motion controller itself executes the whole homing process and when it's fully finished, when both the master and the slave finished the homing then the motion controller tells the software that the homing is done and then the PC side software sets the machine coordinates = the offset value. This does not makes a motion, just sets the machine coords DRO of the master axis. It sets the

I think you might set the homing polarities setup incorrectly, so the controller does not know the trigger edge correctly and so the homing goes incorrectly. The controller thinks it is engaging the switch when it is actually on the switch and it thinks it is actually off the switch when the switch is actually engaged.
When both your axes are off the home switch please check on the Diagnostics page if the X Home and A Home virtual LEDs are off.
If any of them not off in this case then the polarity of that home switch is set incorrectly and then you should reverse that with the Active low checkbox of the Home pin.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby valdis034 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:20 pm

When axis are off the sensors, i dont have green leds on. But why i then get after homing a movement in the a axis? Should i install 1.2101 version? If so where do i get it?
valdis034

Postby cncdrive » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:50 am

OK, if the home LEDs are off when the machine is off the home sensors then the home input polarity is set properly.

One other possibility is that the A axis's home sensor stucks in.
As I mentioned previously there is no back-off movement in the version of the software you running.
The home offset only sets the machine coordinates DRO when homing ends, it does not command a movement.

One more question to verify what is exactly happening: When you say the A axis is moving off the switch which is the 4. point of your desription, is the X axis machine coordinates DRO sets to the offset value (10) before this movement happens or after this movement is finished?

What I think could possibly happen is that the sensor is stucked in and the axis is moving off the sensor at the end of the homing, but the sensor is stucked in and it does not release in time, so the axis moves further off the sensor.
Normally the axis moves only off the sensor and as soon as the sensor deactivates the axis stops.
When both axis moved off the sensor then the master and slave is again connected together in the master-slave connection and the homing finishes, the controller tells the software that the process finished and then the software sets the machine coordinate DRO to the home offset value for the master axis.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Ask a question from support here