Machine Coordinates and Homing

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Machine Coordinates and Homing

Postby Athoma94 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:12 pm

Hello, I am trying to get a control unit from CNC4PC to function on my CNC plasma table. I am using UC300ETH from CNC4PC configured as C76 as it says on their website.
https://cnc4pc.com/media/mageplaza/prod ... ver1.5.pdf
Currently my issue is when I tell my machine to home all the control set to first home Z then X, then Y. When it homes Z UCCNC freezes. Not like an estop trigger. I have to trip the estop to be able to do anything. there are no soft lilmits set. also no limit switches have been configured everything is just set as home switches.

If I home the axis individually the only one that will zero machine coordinates is Y axis and all the settings are consistent with X,Y. No shared sensors.

Another issue on the X axis. My X axis is configured with 2 Nema 34 closed loop ran slaved x,a. when I home x the a motor does not drive along with x.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Athoma94

Re: Machine Coordinates and Homing

Postby dezsoe » Mon May 13, 2024 10:29 am

Hello, Arturo will be in touch with you about the homing.

Note that the machine coordinates will be changed only on axes that have the "Auto set" checkbox set. After the reference point is found if the Auto set is on then the machine coord is set to the value from "Write offset on homing".
dezsoe

Return to Ask a question from support here