AxBB-E License will not load

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: AxBB-E License will not load

Postby fsli » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:53 pm

dezsoe wrote:There's no problem with the manual, see this thread about using both fixed IP and DHCP.

I believe the text of the manual very clearly offers only two options: use DHCP to get an address from the router, or use a fixed IP address. The screenshot in the manual which shows both DHCP Enable selected and a fixed IP address contradicts the text. I don't see any discussion in the manual of using both together and creating either a multihomed or alternate configuration for either the PC or the AXBB.

Furthermore, in the screenshot in the manual which shows both DHCP Enable and a static IP address, it shows the 10.10.10.10 address which is recommended to be assigned to the controlling PC as the gateway address. This is also incorrect. The PC running UCCNC is not likely to be acting as router in a typical home network.

There are other errors in the network configuration section of the manual. For example, on page 12 it says, "the default IP address of the AXBB-E is 10.10.10.10", but on the following page that address is also being shown as assigned to the PC.

As with other software developers (like me), you don't appear to put much effort into keeping the documentation updated. ;)
Frank
fsli

Re: AxBB-E License will not load

Postby Kenennis » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:06 pm

First of all would like to thank all who replied with with helpful suggestions to fix my problem. I had already tried all the suggestions and my network setup was the same as the screen shots. After many hours of trying various things I reflected on the old Sherlock Homes saying and decided to try the only thing that I had not tried and that was a closer look at the license key which I had copied from the file on the old computer. A quick search of my e-mail found the original license . You can guess the rest delete copy and try and quick as a flash I had a fully licensed software in operation. Sometimes I just cannot see the woods for the trees
Kenennis

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here